HTC M9 S-OFF In Less Than 24 Hours – No ETA On Release

HTC devices are no stranger to XDA’s Senior Recognized Developers … more

April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Cannot Hard Reset Galaxy S3 Mini

25th April 2014, 12:41 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hi everyone here

I have Samsung galaxy S3 mini which i bought about a year back from another country , and i am having an un explainable problem with my device

The device gets restarted by itself in a short span of time ,and if i switch it of or restart , the device goes back to an earlier stage .(ie into a state how it was 2 months back ,including all the settings,wallpaper,call log ,messages etc) i tried doing Factory reset and failed as the device restarts when i press the factory reset tab..

I also tried Data Wipe through recovery mode and it didn't work either ..

i tried Data wipe + clean catch and doesn't work Also there is a notice in android recovery, which states:
did not match sized '/system/csc/common/system/csc/feature.xml' (no data available)

tried installing Stock ROM via odin and many custom roms ..nothing works

as of now , my phone is un usable


please any help would be appreciated (dont ask me about the warranty as its purchased from outside and its been a year now , taking to the Samsung service center here was too dumb , as even they have no idea about this bug )
25th April 2014, 12:48 PM |#2  
moonryder's Avatar
Senior Member
The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 289
 
610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk666

Hi everyone here

I have Samsung galaxy S3 mini which i bought about a year back from another country , and i am having an un explainable problem with my device

The device gets restarted by itself in a short span of time ,and if i switch it of or restart , the device goes back to an earlier stage .(ie into a state how it was 2 months back ,including all the settings,wallpaper,call log ,messages etc) i tried doing Factory reset and failed as the device restarts when i press the factory reset tab..

I also tried Data Wipe through recovery mode and it didn't work either ..

i tried Data wipe + clean catch and doesn't work Also there is a notice in android recovery, which states:
did not match sized '/system/csc/common/system/csc/feature.xml' (no data available)

tried installing Stock ROM via odin and many custom roms ..nothing works

as of now , my phone is un usable


please any help would be appreciated (dont ask me about the warranty as its purchased from outside and its been a year now , taking to the Samsung service center here was too dumb , as even they have no idea about this bug )


as it seems that your csc code is wrong.
search for a ROM that supports your country or flash carbon11 or cm11 (but no guarranty)

m.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonryder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 12:59 PM |#3  
Aronuser's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 271
 
726 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Maybe it's a fake

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Try install another recovery, maybe twrp or cwm

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Aronuser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 03:51 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
its official firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonryder

as it seems that your csc code is wrong.
search for a ROM that supports your country or flash carbon11 or cm11 (but no guarranty)

m.

thanks for the reply ...but its in its official firmware , not yet rooted so how could be the CSC be wrong ?

for carbon mod 11 ,ill try downloading

the thing is i ve installed another rom..odin shows its successful , but my phone restarts in the same old situation
25th April 2014, 04:04 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
TWRP or CWM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser

Maybe it's a fake

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Try install another recovery, maybe twrp or cwm

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk



how to do that ? ie how to install any other recovery ? i am a newbie here

Thanks
25th April 2014, 04:25 PM |#6  
moonryder's Avatar
Senior Member
The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 289
 
610 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk666

how to do that ? ie how to install any other recovery ? i am a newbie here

Thanks

just flash another via odin
30th April 2014, 09:56 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Info 2
Sorry I am experiencing the same problem and thought I was alone. Please if anyone has a solution to this please assist


Quote:
Originally Posted by zk666

Hi everyone here

I have Samsung galaxy S3 mini which i bought about a year back from another country , and i am having an un explainable problem with my device

The device gets restarted by itself in a short span of time ,and if i switch it of or restart , the device goes back to an earlier stage .(ie into a state how it was 2 months back ,including all the settings,wallpaper,call log ,messages etc) i tried doing Factory reset and failed as the device restarts when i press the factory reset tab..

I also tried Data Wipe through recovery mode and it didn't work either ..

i tried Data wipe + clean catch and doesn't work Also there is a notice in android recovery, which states:
did not match sized '/system/csc/common/system/csc/feature.xml' (no data available)

tried installing Stock ROM via odin and many custom roms ..nothing works

as of now , my phone is un usable


please any help would be appreciated (dont ask me about the warranty as its purchased from outside and its been a year now , taking to the Samsung service center here was too dumb , as even they have no idea about this bug )

14th May 2014, 01:38 PM |#8  
SavvasPro's Avatar
Member
Flag Nicosia, Cyprus
Thanks Meter: 18
 
63 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk666

how to do that ? ie how to install any other recovery ? i am a newbie here

Thanks

Download cwm for s3 mini and flash it through stock recovery

=================================
Hope I Helped You . If I did, then why not press the "Thanks" button under my post.
10th November 2014, 03:39 PM |#9  
Sobaro's Avatar
Member
Flag SYRIA-JABLEH
Thanks Meter: 15
 
66 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk666

Hi everyone here

I have Samsung galaxy S3 mini which i bought about a year back from another country , and i am having an un explainable problem with my device

The device gets restarted by itself in a short span of time ,and if i switch it of or restart , the device goes back to an earlier stage .(ie into a state how it was 2 months back ,including all the settings,wallpaper,call log ,messages etc) i tried doing Factory reset and failed as the device restarts when i press the factory reset tab..

I also tried Data Wipe through recovery mode and it didn't work either ..

i tried Data wipe + clean catch and doesn't work Also there is a notice in android recovery, which states:
did not match sized '/system/csc/common/system/csc/feature.xml' (no data available)

tried installing Stock ROM via odin and many custom roms ..nothing works

as of now , my phone is un usable


please any help would be appreciated (dont ask me about the warranty as its purchased from outside and its been a year now , taking to the Samsung service center here was too dumb , as even they have no idea about this bug )

hello man , could u please tell us if u solve ur problem ? if YES , how ? Thank u in Advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes