Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Cannot Hard Reset Galaxy S3 Mini

OP zk666

25th April 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi everyone here

I have Samsung galaxy S3 mini which i bought about a year back from another country , and i am having an un explainable problem with my device

The device gets restarted by itself in a short span of time ,and if i switch it of or restart , the device goes back to an earlier stage .(ie into a state how it was 2 months back ,including all the settings,wallpaper,call log ,messages etc) i tried doing Factory reset and failed as the device restarts when i press the factory reset tab..

I also tried Data Wipe through recovery mode and it didn't work either ..

i tried Data wipe + clean catch and doesn't work Also there is a notice in android recovery, which states:
did not match sized '/system/csc/common/system/csc/feature.xml' (no data available)

tried installing Stock ROM via odin and many custom roms ..nothing works

as of now , my phone is un usable

please any help would be appreciated (dont ask me about the warranty as its purchased from outside and its been a year now , taking to the Samsung service center here was too dumb , as even they have no idea about this bug )
25th April 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #2  
The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 252

504 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zk666

Hi everyone here

I have Samsung galaxy S3 mini which i bought about a year back from another country , and i am having an un explainable problem with my device

The device gets restarted by itself in a short span of time ,and if i switch it of or restart , the device goes back to an earlier stage .(ie into a state how it was 2 months back ,including all the settings,wallpaper,call log ,messages etc) i tried doing Factory reset and failed as the device restarts when i press the factory reset tab..

i tried Data wipe + clean catch and doesn't work Also there is a notice in android recovery, which states:
did not match sized '/system/csc/common/system/csc/feature.xml' (no data available)

please any help would be appreciated (dont ask me about the warranty as its purchased from outside and its been a year now , taking to the Samsung service center here was too dumb , as even they have no idea about this bug )

as it seems that your csc code is wrong.
search for a ROM that supports your country or flash carbon11 or cm11 (but no guarranty)

m.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonryder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 239

650 posts
More
Maybe it's a fake

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Try install another recovery, maybe twrp or cwm

The Following User Says Thank You to Aronuser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore

3 posts
its official firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonryder

as it seems that your csc code is wrong.
search for a ROM that supports your country or flash carbon11 or cm11 (but no guarranty)

m.

thanks for the reply ...but its in its official firmware , not yet rooted so how could be the CSC be wrong ?

for carbon mod 11 ,ill try downloading

the thing is i ve installed another rom..odin shows its successful , but my phone restarts in the same old situation
25th April 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bangalore

3 posts
TWRP or CWM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser

Maybe it's a fake

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Try install another recovery, maybe twrp or cwm

how to do that ? ie how to install any other recovery ? i am a newbie here

Thanks
25th April 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #6  
The Dark Side Of The Moon
Thanks Meter: 252

504 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks

just flash another via odin
30th April 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
Info 2
Sorry I am experiencing the same problem and thought I was alone. Please if anyone has a solution to this please assist

Quote:

Hi everyone here

14th May 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Nicosia, Cyprus
Thanks Meter: 17

63 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks

Download cwm for s3 mini and flash it through stock recovery

=================================
Hope I Helped You . If I did, then why not press the "Thanks" button under my post.
10th November 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #9  
Flag SYRIA-JABLEH
Thanks Meter: 15

59 posts
More
Quote:

Hi everyone here

hello man , could u please tell us if u solve ur problem ? if YES , how ? Thank u in Advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread