The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Droid Razr M xt907 Kitkat Update Failed

OP shadowwolfsl

30th May 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
droid razr M kitkat update fail
I would like to know a solution, I'm tired of trying and do not get even with rsd lite.
this is my mail: emmanu-el-galan@hotmail.com
30th May 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by galestz

I would like to know a solution, I'm tired of trying and do not get even with rsd lite.
this is my mail: emmanu-el-galan@hotmail.com

because you have not modified the xml file after decompressing the entire zip.
31st May 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #13  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
It just won't work !
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolfsl

I'm using a droid razr m xt907 by verizon. Yesterday an update was released for 4.4.2 kitkat, my phone is still rooted and i can't find the safest way to unroot it so i can get the update. Does anyone know the best way to unroot and make sure everything's normal again so that the 4.4 update will work this time? It stops at around 25% into the update. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I've tried a factory restore, i unrooted completely. My kernell is normal, my stock recovery is normal. The update just isn't working, and i don't know the best way to fix it. My bootloader is locked, so there was never any custom recovery or ROM's installed.

I also had a Razr M. i unroot it by SuperSU, but it won't update properly, same like others, 25%, then fail.
31st May 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve977

I also had a Razr M. i unroot it by SuperSU, but it won't update properly, same like others, 25%, then fail.

i got it functioning after rsd lite back to stock after a factory restore
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowwolfsl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #15  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shromy

because you have not modified the xml file after decompressing the entire zip.

I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all
3rd June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #16  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolfsl

I'm using a droid razr m xt907 by verizon. Yesterday an update was released for 4.4.2 kitkat, my phone is still rooted and i can't find the safest way to unroot it so i can get the update. Does anyone know the best way to unroot and make sure everything's normal again so that the 4.4 update will work this time? It stops at around 25% into the update. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I've tried a factory restore, i unrooted completely. My kernell is normal, my stock recovery is normal. The update just isn't working, and i don't know the best way to fix it. My bootloader is locked, so there was never any custom recovery or ROM's installed.

I can resolve if u want reply me
14th June 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #17  
Flag Bandung

7 posts
More
Question Does it work while it is Rooted ?
Quote:

I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all

I'm sorry, but dows it work while my phone is rooted ? before i noticed your solution, i had to delete all root apps and SuperSU (along with the root) to update it. And Failed.
27th June 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #18  

5 posts
Quote:

im getting phone returned fail y
10th November 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #19  

1 posts
solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriantech

I can resolve if u want reply me

plz help me iwant your help
11th November 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 475

1,314 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdrews4357

im getting phone returned fail y

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeabdullah1555

plz help me iwant your help

We can't help either of you, if you don't give us details.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread