Team Win Recovery Project for Tornado 348

more

PhotoMath: A Math Beginner’s Dream App

more

Leaked Galaxy S6 Apps Hit the Forums

more

Fix Untinted Recent Panels on Lollipop

more
Post Reply

Droid Razr M xt907 Kitkat Update Failed

OP shadowwolfsl

30th May 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
droid razr M kitkat update fail
I would like to know a solution, I'm tired of trying and do not get even with rsd lite.
this is my mail: emmanu-el-galan@hotmail.com
30th May 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by galestz

I would like to know a solution, I'm tired of trying and do not get even with rsd lite.
this is my mail: emmanu-el-galan@hotmail.com

because you have not modified the xml file after decompressing the entire zip.
31st May 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #13  
Steve977's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
It just won't work !
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolfsl

I'm using a droid razr m xt907 by verizon. Yesterday an update was released for 4.4.2 kitkat, my phone is still rooted and i can't find the safest way to unroot it so i can get the update. Does anyone know the best way to unroot and make sure everything's normal again so that the 4.4 update will work this time? It stops at around 25% into the update. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I've tried a factory restore, i unrooted completely. My kernell is normal, my stock recovery is normal. The update just isn't working, and i don't know the best way to fix it. My bootloader is locked, so there was never any custom recovery or ROM's installed.

I also had a Razr M. i unroot it by SuperSU, but it won't update properly, same like others, 25%, then fail.
31st May 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve977

I also had a Razr M. i unroot it by SuperSU, but it won't update properly, same like others, 25%, then fail.

i got it functioning after rsd lite back to stock after a factory restore
The Following User Says Thank You to shadowwolfsl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 08:22 AM   |  #15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shromy

because you have not modified the xml file after decompressing the entire zip.



I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all
3rd June 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
14 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwolfsl

I'm using a droid razr m xt907 by verizon. Yesterday an update was released for 4.4.2 kitkat, my phone is still rooted and i can't find the safest way to unroot it so i can get the update. Does anyone know the best way to unroot and make sure everything's normal again so that the 4.4 update will work this time? It stops at around 25% into the update. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I've tried a factory restore, i unrooted completely. My kernell is normal, my stock recovery is normal. The update just isn't working, and i don't know the best way to fix it. My bootloader is locked, so there was never any custom recovery or ROM's installed.



I can resolve if u want reply me
14th June 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #17  
Steve977's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Question Does it work while it is Rooted ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by galestz

I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all

I'm sorry, but dows it work while my phone is rooted ? before i noticed your solution, i had to delete all root apps and SuperSU (along with the root) to update it. And Failed.
27th June 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galestz

I have found the solution, you have to edit the XML file that is in the ROM. and delete the lines containing the words ("oem" and "var"). then you put the phone in fastboot mode and use the rom with the modified file will have only about 18 steps then when the last file billboards will ask you turn on the phone manually and status, restart your phone and enter mode fastboot again and finished well. NOTE: remember to put the usb debugging before starting everything. everything you do will be at your own risk, but so what I Realize, and it worked and I have my razr m with kitkat and before I could not for the same reason of the root. thank you all

im getting phone returned fail y
10th November 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriantech



I can resolve if u want reply me

plz help me iwant your help
11th November 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #20  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,414 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdrews4357

im getting phone returned fail y

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeabdullah1555

plz help me iwant your help

We can't help either of you, if you don't give us details.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes