Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to build CWM for Broadcom

OP kgarg

11th February 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ghaziabad
Thanks Meter: 17

113 posts
More
I want to know how can I build a clockworkmod recovery for my broadcom bcm23550 mobile phone...I heard that i will require kernel source to build a CWM but I don't have as it's not been released yet...I tried builder.clockworkmod.com too but after flashing that recovery there was nothing but a black screen appearing when I booted to recovery.. I can provide all the necessary files and info, can do the hard work too but I need some directions to proceed. Please help me out..
15th February 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ghaziabad

113 posts
More
Help
Is there any way to have a working CWM or any other custom recovery without having the kernel sources??
If yes please do give me accurate directions. PLEASE!!!
22nd February 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ghaziabad

113 posts
More
CWM
Will I get any help in this matter?
20th April 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
cwm
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgarg

Will I get any help in this matter?

u will not get any help. m also trying but no help there is no development for broadcom devices my device is bcm21553
5th May 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 21

36 posts
The Xolo Q1000 Opus is sold in Vietnam as Mobiistar Lai 504Q. A vietnamese developer, minhdangoz, has made a semi working CWM for this device
Link To the Vietnamese Site (Use Google Translate :P )

This recovery is in Vietnamese.

To use builder.clockworkmod.com try the following steps.
1. Save stock recovery.img and boot.img from phone into PC.
2. Extract boot.img, because thats where you'll find recovery.fstab.
3. Use this file for graphics.c -> graphics.zip (This file is from minhdangoz's source code of his CWM port)
4. Use recovery.img from Step 1, recovery.fstab from Step 2 and graphics.c from Step 3
5. Build the CWM
6. Let me know how it goes
Last edited by emperorsum; 5th May 2014 at 09:37 PM.
20th May 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #6  

24 posts
no help
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorsum

The Xolo Q1000 Opus is sold in Vietnam as Mobiistar Lai 504Q. A vietnamese developer, minhdangoz, has made a semi working CWM for this device
Link To the Vietnamese Site (Use Google Translate :P )

This recovery is in Vietnamese.

To use builder.clockworkmod.com try the following steps.
1. Save stock recovery.img and boot.img from phone into PC.
2. Extract boot.img, because thats where you'll find recovery.fstab.
3. Use this file for graphics.c -> Attachment 2727513 (This file is from minhdangoz's source code of his CWM port)
4. Use recovery.img from Step 1, recovery.fstab from Step 2 and graphics.c from Step 3
5. Build the CWM
6. Let me know how it goes

its also did not work
20th May 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 21

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prit4u

its also did not work

we have a working CWM and TWRP for the Xolo thanks to @minhdangoz94 . I have tested it and it works.

nandroid backup works well.

you can find the CWM and TWRP here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2740261

i find it easy flash it from fastboot.. by adb reboot-bootloader

dd dump the stock recovery before hand as this CWM cannot flash Xolo updates.. It can only flash custom ROMs and ROMs from Mobiistar.
(The Mobiistar Lai 504Q sold in vietnam is the exact same phone as the Xolo Opus)

if Xolo releases update that you want to install.. flash xolo recovery first and then apply the xolo update.. for every other job that CWM is known for, this recovery works well. so you can flash it back after installing the update from Xolo.
The Following User Says Thank You to emperorsum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #8  

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperorsum

we have a working CWM and TWRP for the Xolo thanks to @minhdangoz94 . I have tested it and it works.

nandroid backup works well.

you can find the CWM and TWRP here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2740261

i find it easy flash it from fastboot.. by adb reboot-bootloader

dd dump the stock recovery before hand as this CWM cannot flash Xolo updates.. It can only flash custom ROMs and ROMs from Mobiistar.
(The Mobiistar Lai 504Q sold in vietnam is the exact same phone as the Xolo Opus)

if Xolo releases update that you want to install.. flash xolo recovery first and then apply the xolo update.. for every other job that CWM is known for, this recovery works well. so you can flash it back after installing the update from Xolo.

but frend my device is not xolo. only xolo is broadcom device ?? question is for all bcm devices. and when i uploaded my stock recovery and recovery.fstab to builder.clockworkmod.com then the output recovery did not work. i tried again 2 times by graphics.c uploading and these 2 times recovery was not successful.
11th November 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Guide For Porting CWM Broadcom Device
I make easy guide, please read here

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
broadcom bcm23550, cwm, no source
Previous Thread Next Thread