[Q] UK D855 model overheating?

110 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By jusumgeezer, Senior Member on 30th June 2014, 01:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2014, 06:46 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
To further my last comment, if you've hardly got anything installed, then do a quick backup and then install something like 10m (which world perfectly for me) and do a full flash wiping everything.
If I didn't do that, then it got so hot then I couldn't keep the phone in my pocket and had to turn it off !! The heat comes from very close to the volume buttons, and it worried me how hot it was getting.

30th May 2016, 03:23 PM |#12  
Flag Milton Keynes
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Mine is burning up in use or on charge, i just checked temps with cpu z and temps were at 81c, 79c, 75,c
81c, etc etcvery warm indeed, yes i have a lot of apps installed and i did have a few running at the time but Jeezz this thing is like a portable radiator, i have a case on it with the quick circle cover but it's the slim model that replaces the rear part of the original case so not packed inside extra plastics, ive never had such a hot phone.

I have tried a few things to try and tackle the problems but with no joy, i'm also constantly running out of space on the internal memory despite moving all the movable apps to Ex SD card, my phone is routed and running fulmics 5.1 rom
20th June 2016, 05:21 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same here, using D855 from Hong Kong, I have already done a factory reset/wipe.
Unmounting the SD card does help a bit in my case, still, it does not solve the problem.
As long as I turn on the screen and make some touches, it will start overheating for no reason.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
heat, hot, overheating

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)