APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Gear 2 Recovery/Download Mode

OP bdovpro

6th May 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

25 posts
Didn't see anyone mention this so I though I would just throw it on here. (sorry if someone already mentioned it)

You can access Gear 2's Recovery/Download mode the same way you could on the original Gear:

-Hold the "Power Button" until the unit reboots and you see the orange "Rebooting..." text then press the "Power Button" 5 (ish) times and
you will be taken to the a menu where you can select "Continue/Download/Recovery/etc" just like the old Gear.

Hopefully this means we can eventually install custom recovery and roms on this thing!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bdovpro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 38

138 posts
More
No one mentioned it because it's the same as the gear 1. If you Google galaxy gear download mode or flash custom image or look at the gear 1 forums it's there

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th July 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Ok I dont know if I am doing something wrong, but I have tried this and still cannot get download mode....I get into the reboot menu, I highlight download, but it still boots normal. Is there a special download screen like on the android devices or does it just go to the clock face?
Last edited by tcdegenerate; 30th July 2014 at 04:33 PM.
30th July 2014, 05:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 277

382 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcdegenerate

Ok I dont know if I am doing something wrong, but I have tried this and still cannot get download mode....I get into the reboot menu, I highlight download, but it still boots normal. Is there a special download screen like on the android devices or does it just go to the clock face?

don't go into the reboot menu, but keep holding the power button until it reboots and then press the power button 5 times.
20th August 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by klwinkel

don't go into the reboot menu, but keep holding the power button until it reboots and then press the power button 5 times.

I also had this problem, no matter how many times I chose download mode, the watch would always boot normally.

Very frustrating as I was trying to get into download mode for about 3 damn hours!.

OK very simple step that for some reason no ones seems to have mentioned, once you have gotten into the reboot menu, select download mode, on my gear 2 its highlighted blue, then simply press and hold the home key once again, and voila download mode should come up.

Cheers Alan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozric13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th November 2014, 09:37 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozric13

I also had this problem, no matter how many times I chose download mode, the watch would always boot normally.

Very frustrating as I was trying to get into download mode for about 3 damn hours!.

OK very simple step that for some reason no ones seems to have mentioned, once you have gotten into the reboot menu, select download mode, on my gear 2 its highlighted blue, then simply press and hold the home key once again, and voila download mode should come up.

Cheers Alan

Thanks a lot, I was in the same loooop
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread