Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Who thinks that the Galaxy S5 is a disappointment?

OP qipengart

11th November 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #1391  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 782

3,815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Zachary

Made the 2-hour trip one more time. With factory reset phone, 64GB, and 128GB microSDs in hand.
Employee confirmed that the phone "appeared to have been reset". So we reset it again.
And tried the 64GB card. No go, again.
And tried the 128GB card. No go, again.
Two employees were able to mount both cards in their phones with no problems (ruling out bad cards).
Tried to mount a new 64GB card off the rack. No go. Employee was able to mount the card in his phone to rule out a bad card.
Got tech support on the phone. And they reviewed all the notes thus far.
Their first opinion: Bad cards.
When we reminded them that all three cards mounted successfully on other S5s, we were instructed to factory reset the phone again.
We did. None of the cards would mount.
Tech support's response: We need to go to another store and buy another card. Just to be sure we did not have three bad cards(!).

Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.
Definition of arrogance: Requiring someone to do the same thing over and over and telling them the results will be different.

What are you saying to these people? I'd have lost the plot, I used to work in a phone shop, call their head office, make a complaint against the store, tell them you're going to write a letter to a watchdog company, tell them you're disgusted you're never buying from them again, more to the point tell them your phone is not fit for purpose, you've had to go out of your way and you've had loss of earnings because you've lost money coming in to get help, how the hell can all of the cards be defective? Terrible company that, I would never buy a single thing off them again and i'd more than likely spend the rest of my days damning them to everyone remotely interested in them, kind of what I do when it comes to T-Mobile, Vodafone and talk mobile, and three, don't get me started on them fools.

At this point I would just play the game, pop over to another shop and prove that it's not the cards, the notes should be current, unfortunately they've deemed this a valid excuse not to swap your phone, I personally find this quite odd.

One brand new card should not be defective, especially if it works in a different handset.

Feel for you mate, but you've got to play the game at this point.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread