ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini - Root, Recovery and Google App.

Search This thread

dasmoop

Nov 7, 2014
Are sure you have installed the drivers correctly, as you I had try on different computers for it to work.

Recovery is power + volume up!

I would update to CWM recovery instead of Ray globe. Here is a link to the rom page. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2916106

Thanks!
I was doing power + volume down... I have 1.62 now and everything works fine, i can root.
The autoplay driver install didn't show on my windows 8 computer but it did on a win7.

I wonder what EternalTeam did to their rom to have it messed up like that.

On a side note, on stock nubiaOS, anyone know how to remove an icon on the desktop without uninstalling the app, I have 2 google maps, 2 earth, but trying to remove one get the whole app uninstalled.

Last edited:

AGelu

Sep 22, 2014
On a side note, on stock nubiaOS, anyone know how to remove an icon on the desktop without uninstalling the app, I have 2 google maps, 2 earth, but trying to remove one get the whole app uninstalled.

See on Google Play - settings - un-check the second option ( add icon on desktop ) .

Last edited:
Reactions: dasmoop

Exedion

Sep 8, 2011
Why i cant access to feedly? I try greader and feedly app, also the feedly website and give me error 404, i,m using laoli250 1.62 rom with 4g fixed

MasterBata

Mar 23, 2013
no data connection

Hey guys, just today I received Z7 mini from Eternal Team.
Problem is, I'm not getting ANY data connection other than wifi. No 3G, no 4G.
Any ideas what could be wrong? Phone came with 1.20 version installed, I upgraded to 1.62 and wiped user data, but no improvement.
I also tried *#*#4636#*#* program to change data type, with no luck.
Should I try other versions of firmware? Which ones?

I did cut both sim cards from regular size to mini, but I don't see how could that cause the problem, as voice calls and messaging work OK. Or could it??

alain57

Jul 15, 2010
Does someone know how to make subic work with latest rom?
Since latest subic update I got a FC :(

dasmoop

Nov 7, 2014
Any ideas what could be wrong? Phone came with 1.20 version installed, I upgraded to 1.62 and wiped user data, but no improvement.

I did cut both sim cards from regular size to mini, but I don't see how could that cause the problem, as voice calls and messaging work OK. Or could it??

Have you set the APN for your carrier?

Leo_83

Aug 1, 2012
Hi all,

How to resize system partition ?!

Thxxx

Follow these instructions, you most have a SD-card or you might get in trouble like I did:
Hi All,

There is a tool to resize the internal storage.
I have tested and it is succeed to change.
For myself, I have changed to 8G.

Procedure:
1. have 3rd party recovery
2. install the USB driver
a) power on mobile and check on ADB, connect to PC and then install the driver -- easy to do
b) boot the mobile to recovery and connect to PC, reinstall the driver -- must manaully install the driver again
3. run the tool ( sorry it is in Chinese)

Main Menu option
1-- Backup, delete and repartition
2--Delete and repartition
3--Restore backup
q--quit program

Choose 1 and then input size x, if want to change 6G, just press 6 and enter
Wait for until see 'wipe data\wipe cache\wipe userdata"
Do these wipe on mobile and restart your mobile

If the screen show "device not found", it means the driver is not installed successfully, don't wipe your mobile

tool:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnyafBV1U8EMVFNZTJyU2hvOFU/edit?usp=docslist_api

webpage:
http://bbs.nubia.cn/thread-316269-1-1.html

Use this file/tool if you want it in english:
Hello all,

Thanks to @yiphoming for posting this tool. I have now translated it into English for those who were concerned about using it in Chinese. While it is in English, please follow yiphoming's instructions for how to use it on your PC. I have not tried it yet, because I don't have admin rights on my work computer and cannot install the nubia drivers without it. I may have to try the partition manually at home on my linux computer.

Edited 4.11.13:
Deleted is the link to download the English version. If anyone uses it, please let us know. As always BACKUP your phone before doing this! Good luck!

The previous version had some errors and this is the corrected version.

If you get WiFi/BT connection problem do the following:

Option 1 (someone said they had to run the files a couple of times before it worked) :

Option 2:
i flash manually the files from recovery so now im ok.

Steps
1)Download this file (has everything you need) http://d-h.st/RLS

2)Unzip it

3)Boot Into recovery

4)Open a command promt on the unziped folder

5)Copy paste one by one these commands into command promt
Code:
adb shell mkdir /storage/sdcard1
adb shell mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage/sdcard1 -t vfat
adb push part1.sh /tmp/part1.sh
adb shell chmod 0777 /tmp/part1.sh
adb shell /tmp/part1.sh

adb push persist /storage/sdcard1/persist
adb push customfs /storage/sdcard1/customfs
adb push fsg /storage/sdcard1/fsg
adb push fsc /storage/sdcard1/fsc
adb push ssd /storage/sdcard1/ssd

adb shell busybox dd of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist if=/storage/sdcard1/persist
adb shell busybox dd of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/customfs if=/storage/sdcard1/customfs
adb shell busybox dd of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fsg if=/storage/sdcard1/fsg
adb shell busybox dd of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fsc if=/storage/sdcard1/fsc
adb shell busybox dd of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/ssd if=/storage/sdcard1/ssd

You are ready :)

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

If you just get E it seems like your apn are set incorrectly, check your operators homepage for correct settings and compare them to the ones on your phone

Last edited:

dexxa05

May 5, 2007
Metz
Follow these instructions, you most have a SD-card or you might get in trouble like I did:

Use this file if you want it in english:

If you get WiFi/BT connection problem do the following:

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

If you just get E it seems like your apn are set incorrectly, check your operators homepage for correct settings and compare them to the ones on your phone

My Phone is no more working Can't mount sdcard0....

Any help regarding this issue?!

pedrud

Oct 10, 2014

You may need to do the new partition tool several times before it works correctly. I had to download the driver directly from ZTE because the one a few pages back would never be recognized by my computer. Once I got that working it took me 4 or 5 tries with the partition tool to get it to work. Additionally, you will likely need to use the wifi/BT repair tool that @yiphoming posted a few pages back. Most of us who have done the partitioning have needed to use that.
After that works, you will then probably have to boot into recovery and format /sdcard0 for everything to work.

Last edited:

dexxa05

May 5, 2007
Metz
You may need to do the new partition tool several times before it works correctly. I had to download the driver directly from ZTE because the one a few pages back would never be recognized by my computer. Once I got that working it took me 4 or 5 tries with the partition tool to get it to work. Additionally, you will likely need to use the wifi/BT repair tool that @yiphoming posted a few pages back. Most of us who have done the partitioning have needed to use that.
After that works, you will then probably have to boot into recovery and format /sdcard0 for everything to work.

I get a message :

E: Can't open /storage/sdcard0/Download/update.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Ok the problem was with my recovery

Now it's seems it's working!

Satanas

Jun 4, 2008
Brittany
Hi guys,
I'm with rom 1.42 rooted with CW recovery and I want update my ROM with 1.60 but I need tout unroot before. How to do?

Envoyé de mon NX507J

Leo_83

Aug 1, 2012
Hi guys,
I'm with rom 1.42 rooted with CW recovery and I want update my ROM with 1.60 but I need tout unroot before. How to do?

Envoyé de mon NX507J
If you want flash stock then by flashing it you will automatically be unrooted. Why not flash Cuaco rom and keep your phone rooted?

dziello

Jan 7, 2011
need help !!!!!!

I need twrp or cwm backup of system. I install zip from 4PDA internal to external sd and when I back to normal with flash custom or stock. I have problem with wifi bt and phone rebooting sometimes. Please share with me backup I delate my for mistake please please ?
Solved helped WiFi fix which I find in this forum thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZTE Nubia Z7 Mini

Build: NX507J_CNCommon_V1.20
    Hardware: NX507JMB_B)

I'm one of foreigners who buy this phone from Hong Kong reseller and want to use Google App.

=================================================
    -=How to Root, Recovery and Google App. (At your own risk!)=-
    =================================================
    1. Preparation
    - Download and extract "Nubia Z7 Mini Root+Recovery.rar" and download "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip".
    - Copy "TowelRoot v3.apk", "SuperSU Pro v2.0.0.apk" and "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip" to the root directory of SD card and insert it to the Phone.

2. Root
    Install and run "TowelRoot v3.apk" from SD card and click "make it rain". If it's success, phone will not restart.

3. Super User
    Install and run "SuperSU Pro v2.0.0.apk" (Normal Install) from SD card.

4. ZTE Driver and Debugging Mode
    - Run "ZTE_Handset_USB_Driver.exe" in computer then connect phone to computer with USB data cable.
    - Run "Autorun.exe" when connect the phone to PC for more driver install.
    - Go to Settings->About phone and tab at "Build number" many times till "You are now a developer" appear.
    - Go to Settings->More(at the end of menu list)->Developer options and enable "USB debugging"
    - It will show "USB debugging connected" in Notification Bar

5. Rayglobe Mini TWRP Recovery
    Run "run_permanente.bat" from extracted "Nubia+_mini_twrp_ver_2.rar"
    RayglobeTwrp.jpg

6. Google App.
    Boot to Rayglobe Mini TWRP Recovery (by "Shutdown" and press "Volume Up" and "Power" button) and "INSTALL" "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip" from External SD, "WIPE CACHE/DALVIK" then "REBOOT SYSTEM"

===============================================
    Files need :-

*** Nubia Z7 Mini Root+Recovery.rar
    http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/23454042/file.html

*** gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    http://devfil.es/7m2VdVjQ

Some fix :-

*** SMS notification problems. (Posted by Matta_Z)
    - Have you turned following options in settings of Messaging app: 1. "Light up screen" ; 2. "Display message notifications in status bar"; 3. "Receive Push Message" ?

*** YouTube issue (Posted by Leo_83)
    - uninstalled/reinstalled and then cleared cache for YouTube app

*** Keyboard issue (if any)
    Install 3rd party keyboard from Google Play by "Voice"

Misc :-

*** ROM Collection
    http://www.nubia.cn/service.php?sid=5
    http://www.muzisoft.com/brand/718m1017/

*** Tab at "nubia UI" and "Build number" :)

*** Video tutorial how to flash from buncit8 (Many thanks for sharing)
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC--lFpDfRCMx426dxNSI9SQ

*** Video tutorial how to Upgrade ROM from buncit8 (Many thanks for sharing)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCPY2IeufYI

*** Short Review of ZTE Nubia Z7 mini (in comment area)
    http://www.gizchina.com/2014/09/15/5-reasons-cant-wait-review-nubia-z7-mini/
    Hello everyone :)

you can find my firmware here:

http://www.androidiani.com/forum/showthread.php?p=6048635

is based on the last version 1.60 and it's multilingual ? supported languages are Italian and German.
    I just uploaded three other custom ROMS from ydss on Mega for you guys. It's one MIUI, one CM ROM, a LeWa-ROM (haven't heard of them yet, seems to be a chinese company producing custom roms for low-price smartphones) and the official 1.62 - didn't test them myself so it's your turn. :)
    Extracted all my links and infos on ROMs to this thread.

Cheers,
    Seyron
    Changing the MAC Address

I don't know why, but there are some users in this post with same MAC. I tried flashing 1.60 stock rom, mokee rom and cuoco 92 rom, wiping every time with cmw recovery and twrp recovery and there is no resoult. the fuc**ng MAc is still there.
    I'm quite desperated, I don't know what else can I do.

I always wanted to change the Mac address, but finally I found how to change it, and this is very simple !
    Step 1: Download ES File Explorer, obtain root privileges.
    After entering ES File Explorer, go to /Device/System and go to Options, switch ON the setting for Root Explorer for read-write mode.
    Step 2: Close WIFI
    Step 3: Go to / system / etc / firmware / wlan / prima /.
    There will be three files, find "WCNCC_qcom_cfg.ini"
    Open the file with ES Note Editor,
    Inside the file check for these 3 lines:
    Intf0MacAddress = 986CF563ECDB
    Intf1MacAddress = 986CF563ECDB
    Intf2MacAddress = 986CF563ECDB
    This is the Mac address, each person should be different,
    Change into anything, but remember, three Mac address should be changed to the same
    Intf0MacAddress = 001122334455
    Intf1MacAddress = 001122334455
    Intf2MacAddress = 001122334455
    Step 4: After changing the MAC, remember to save.
    After the save, without rebooting, you can switch ON WIFI.
    Translation from italian forum

First of all compliments to ZTE that had released 1.20/1.28/1.42. In shame of who said that will not give us support.
    This is a native english/chinese rom so it is given unrooted and without google apps. These apps would be added by yourself with the right gapps package for kitkat.
    In the case you need root access, you can rely on the good Towelroot.
    Tranlslation of the rom in italian (or any other language you need) can be done installing Morelocale2.
    I've tryed to install the rom with CWM /TWRP but in any case the procedure does not work (someone with TRWP tell me that worked).
    Whereas with Nubia stock recovery works everything. In my case I've flashed the update with this recovery and then I flashed gapps with custom recovery (after having restored it).
    Truly for who has 1.20 or 1.28 the update is notified by searching for it in menu "system update" but it is very slow to download and in most cases it does not work.
    FIRST OF ALL I SUGGEST to wipe cache/data/dalvik BEFORE flashing the rom, then install gapps using CWM.

This is the procedure:

1) Install ZTE drivers and be sure that the phone is detected in all cases (activate USB Debugging in developer mode options)
    2) Copy all files in /Phone storage (Update.zip, towelroot, supersu, gapps and all extras that you find after in the description
    3) Optional, do a backup of the phone. (If the device is new is not necessary)
    4) Install update.zip from nubia stock recovery (you have to power on the phone by pressing power+vol_up) after wiping data/cache/dalvik.
    If you don't do it could appear some errors caused by gapps package previously installed
    5) By rebooting your phone we could find that it is a stock nubia with only english and chinese, without gapps, root and supersu. If you need root
    use towelroot and then install supersu. Install any other software that you need.
    6) Install gapps package that you prefer (I suggest MICRO) in the way you like best: either with CWM (stock rom gets some error installing gapps)
    or by using the guide in the bottom of the page AFTER having rooted the device
    7) Install MoreLocale2 from playstore to translate the interface in your language (you need root)
    8) OPTIONAL: Do a nandroid backup with CWM (with custom recovery TWRP actually does not work)
    9) In case you have some problems:
    go to apple website :p

Z7 mini version 1.42
    Published: 2014-8-22

Description: MD5: 5C68ABE5B05DBC07FEAFDB717B492C42 Password: 1b7d

Changelog:

1. increased tone display function, you can set the natural color, cool colors, users can set their own preferences
    2. resolve modem crashes, wifi crash, enhance machine stability
    3. optimized dual card SMS, MMS, contacts features
    4. optimized dual-card signal
    5. optimization TD headset voice sound
    6. optimized camera to take pictures blurred pictures yellowish
    7. optimized camera experience
    8. optimized video player
    9. optimization gallery, picture editing functions
    10. WIFI function optimization
    11. optimization Niu Dun
    12. UI optimized visual effects
    13. optimized theme, alarm clock function
    14. optimized touch not working to reduce the probability of such issues will be missing when the letter quickly enter
    15. optimization higher memory footprint, increase available memory on
    the button at the bottom of the layout
    16. repair when only two long press the return key into question the freedom Screenshot
    17. repair clock widget time does not move the problem
    18. repair tips can not access the mobile network when dial telephone
    19. repair developer mode lower edge of the screen failure
    20. deleted after repair online themes, the problem can not be updated question
    21. repair auto mode when the AF switch to the front, the problem can not be photographed
    22. update QQ and other third-party software
    to optimize overall power consumption
    23. firmware optimization content includes but is not limited to the above listed items

Download links:

-Factory Rom 1.42-

Mirror Mediafire(rename file in update.zip):

-cwm recovery-

-Stock recovery-

-Towelroot-

-SuperSU-

-gapps-
    It exists many versions of gapps package.
    If you want a google experience like interface you can download fist package, the less of google apps you download the device results
    more like nubia interface experience.
    From now the gapps more upgraded are from PA guys and I submit the links from theirs packages.
    In the order we have the most larger to the leghter and there is the description of what they change/install

1. GOOGLE STOCK PACKAGE

This package is recommended for most users of current generation devices (legacy device owners may want to use Mini or Micro Modular GAPPs due to the size of this package). It includes all the Google Apps that come standard on Nexus devices.
    In this package you will find the Core Base, Google Gallery, Sun Beam Live Wallpaper, and the following Play Store applications:

"Chrome Browser (replaces stock/AOSP Browser), Cloud Print, Gmail, Google+, Google Calendar (replaces stock/AOSP Calendar), Google Camera (replaces stock/AOSP Camera), Google Drive, Google Earth, Google Keep, Google Now Launcher (replaces stock/AOSP Launcher ), Google Text-to-Speech (replaces stock/AOSP Pico TTS), Google Keyboard (replaces stock/AOSP Keyboard), Google Play Books, Google Play Games, Google Play Newsstand, Google Play Music, Google Play Movies, Google Play services, Google Search, Google Wallet, Hangouts (replaces stock/AOSP SMS App), Maps, Quickoffice, Sound Search for Google Play, Street View on Google Maps, TalkBack and YouTube."

2. FULL MODULAR PACKAGE

This package is similar to the Google Stock Package above except that it does NOT include Google Camera, Google Keyboard, Google Gallery, and will NOT remove your stock/AOSP Launcher, Keyboard, Browser, SMS App, or Pico TTS. In addition, it also includes Google Bookmarks Sync. If you don’t have a Nexus device and/or prefer to use the stock/AOSP apps, this package would be perfect for you.

3. MINI MODULAR PACKAGE

This package is designed for those who use limited Google apps or prefer to install apps on their own.

4. MICRO MODULAR PACKAGE

This package is designed for users of legacy devices with small system partitions or those who prefer a minimalistic approach.

I have installed MICRO package and then I have added the rest of application from playstore.
    If you want you can use the other package but I DID NOT TEST IT.

-Flash Player-

If you want you can install it and then you can activate it in a browser that supports it like Dolphin

-Xperia Album Gallery-

Gallery Xperia, is better than the nubia.

-ES File Explorer-

If you can't find rootexplorer required for manual pushing of gapps
    If you want to modify permissions in spite to copy files in system dir you have to root the device and then, in the options of ESFE activate "Root Explorer" from TOOLS menu

This is the mini-tutorial from Neumann66 for push gapps manually without change recovery and use its extra functionality:

NB: It seems that with this procedure it does not work synchronization of google contacts. We are working to patch the problem

1. After install of new stock ROM (the one in chinese/english) download and install either towelroot and supersu

2. Install rootmanager (you find apk in web)

3. Extract the apk files from gapps package you have already downloaded and copy the apk to the root directory of the device:

-PrebuiltGmsCore.apk
    -Phonesky.apk
    -GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    -GoogleLoginService.apk

4. Open rootmanager(or es file explorer), copy apk files extracted in directory: / system / priv-app

6. For each of these files you must give all permissions (set flags in all fields)(Check permissions with es file explorer).

7. Reboot

The end?

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I beg your perdon if my english is not perfect... If you have some problems you can try to do the question to me.
    I've installed successfully the gapps using CWM, so I don't know how to do the manual installation.

I cannot post the links because i'm a new user (I've never write here, but I've read a lot)

If someone wants to correct my bad english and insert links, I will be pleased.

The translation is not litteral in every point.