[DEV] thread on LG G Pad 7.0/8.0/10.1

Search This thread

bangprovn

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 22, 2011
HCM City
Bootloader unlock for V400 - Make sure you have rooted your device
I haven't found any way to boot into the recovery.
First of all, you need to download Flashify from Google Play Store (It's free). Then download this file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3XLPG3BygIrZ0hpNGR4N0tIX1k/view?usp=sharing
Put it in SD Card. In Flashify app, choose Flash==>Recovery Image, navigate to the file you've just downloaded.
A popup will appear to ask you if you want to flash it, choose Yup!
Wait for it, then choose Reboot now. You will see your device turn into fastboot mode, plugin your device to your computer. Open Fastboot, type:
Now your bootloader has been unlocked.
Credits to Team Codefire. Without Bump!, it never works :).

Last edited:

DonnyR

Aug 26, 2012
Bucharest
First of all, you need to download Flashify from Google Play Store (It's free). Then download this file:
Put it in SD Card. In Flashify app, choose Flash==>Recovery Image, navigate to the file you've just downloaded.
Wait for it, then choose Reboot now. You will see your device turn into fastboot mode, plugin your device to your computer. Open Fastboot, type:

Can't wait to get home and try. Many thanks!!!

Awesome! I got into fastboot mode on the v410, forgot to redownload the android sdk...

Edit: my v410 is now unlocked using the above method. :D although in fastboot mode every option results in a blank screen or the device hanging, but this is great progress nontheless!

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-V410 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

DonnyR

Aug 26, 2012
Bucharest
it worked seamlessly for me. I didn't even wipe the device (I know that in GNex days a fastboot oem unlock would completely wipe it so I was expecting that).
I checked and the lock state now says unlocked.

thanks @bangprovn - now all we need to do is wait for custom recovery :)

Reactions: SageChrono

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
You could try terminal emulator.
su
reboot recovery

Not sure about bootloader, but since we don't have stock firmware to flash it shouldn't matter

tabbers

Oct 24, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
I would also like to add that it worked on my V410, I also had trouble with the initial try, but after that I can use the button commands, though it won't reboot, it does power off, and return to fastboot. When I use the terminal emulator to reboot into recovery it puts me back into fastboot, just to let y'all know.

Reactions: SageChrono

DonnyR

Aug 26, 2012
Bucharest
Btw how do we get into the bootloader or recovery screens? Tried holding power and vol up or down, no go.
After you flash that cwm.img shared earlier via flashify, the phone will ask for a reboot. Hit yes and it will restart to fastboot all by itself.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

Does this add twrp to the tablet?
Nope.

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

I would also like to add that it worked on my V410, I also had trouble with the initial try, but after that I can use the button commands, though it won't reboot, it does power off, and return to fastboot. When I use the terminal emulator to reboot into recovery it puts me back into fastboot, just to let y'all know.
Mine wouldn't reboot via fastboot commands either so I just long pressed the power button after the oem unlock command...

I also use g3tweaksbox (in the playstore).. some things don't work but I enabled 4 way reboot option.

I also read something about turning off the tablet and while you plug in the charging cable hold a volume button to get into recovery... never worked for me tho :thumbdown:

Sent from my LG-V410 using XDA Free mobile app

tabbers

Oct 24, 2010
Fort Worth, Texas
Btw how do we get into the bootloader or recovery screens? Tried holding power and vol up or down, no go.

I have been able to boot into recovery with adb, and also in the terminal with su then reboot recovery. To boot into download mode I hold volume down then plug in USB cable into computer. Other key commands that work hold volume down and power, when LG screen appears let of power button, and then push power again, and hold, this brings up remove all user data screen. When I hold down volume up, and volume down and power button I get bar code, and IMEI. All these commands start with the device powered off.

madman_sle

Mar 18, 2011
Athens, GA
Worked seamlessly on my v-410 I picked up free at AT&T. Looking forward to seeing some custom firmware for this tablet, it's already pretty capable in stock form given the specs!

bigwillyg

Mar 1, 2011
should it give you any kind of confirmation on the v410 (AT&T) that the boot loader is unlocked?

nvm i saw it

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP Recovery for V410

Here a copy of TWRP 2.8.1.0 for the V410 built by me.

To install, unzip and install it to your tablet either via dd or fastboot to the recovery partition.

Please also say thank you to @savoca for the kernel touch hack that makes TWRP touch work on the V400 / V410 :)
    Progress!!!!!!

Wow it works with v410 ?, i stuck with the recovery now and team codefire hasn't replied my email yet, let's wait for it.

Progress!!!!!!

I managed to boot into CWM :) on my (LG G Pad 7.0) aka (LG v410) aka (e7lte) aka (e7lteatt). Yeap this tablet has more, than anything else.

I still have to fix the fstab making some parts are not mounting correctly ( ex: /sdcard wont mount. I have to manually mount the partition ).

Until I can fix I wont publish, I dont want people blaming me for their broken devices. :)

@bangprovn
    You where in the right path but your recovery image is missing dtb ( Device Tree Blob ) and it has the wrong fstab values. PM me to explain in detail what I did to make it work. Booting recovery from flashboot does not requieres img to be bumped, but if boot from device it still required to be bumped.

***People im still a noob at compiling android from source code, so don't expect any custom rom from me... making recovery work is one thing, compiling android complete is another thing. ***
    Not sure if anyone noticed but I posted the Stock ROM over in the Android Development section.

Also I'm working on a stock based ROM that is de-bloated, deodexed , zip aligned, rooted, etc.
    I have dumped aboot , abootb , boot and recovery.
    here it is.
    Dropbox[dot][com]/s/ski2gwx904bsiqh/Misc.7z?dl=0

Meanwhile , i was editing framework-res.apk and that has led to the pad being stuck at the at and t logo . Any ideas on how i can boot into stock recovery or adb the stock apk ? I am able to boot into download mode .
    Everything working TWRP - stand by...