Old Versions .... ???

OP mojosingle

27th April 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gallon

Wait for someone else to confirm on the htc, but nothing changed on my droidx. I just had superuser privs. All of the "this app quit working" is when people flash custom roms. You don't do that when you just root. But you have to be rooted in order to do things like that. Lol.

Rooting gives you the power to do that if you want to.

When I rooted my droidx, I did it just so I could have the power to do other things if I wanted. I am still on factory rom. But I am able to get to parts of the phone that are off limits if I wasnt rooted. I made it where I could tether, later I got rid of bloatware, etc.

Thanks once again for the reply. Now that you mention it, I remember reading the terminology "flashed" rom and thought they were similar or the same thing as rooting. One other question, once a phone is in a rooted state, if I was to go in and copy the APK for my replacement phone and put it on there could I then "unroot" lol ...sorry if this is not a word... so that my phone was no longer open? I had read somewhere (perhaps I heard it on a TWIT or Android podcast) that when your phone is in root state that anyone (ie: potentially bad software) has easier access to your phone's vunerable areas.

27th April 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #12  
Flag BFE
Thanks Meter: 678

2,278 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojosingle

Thanks once again for the reply. Now that you mention it, I remember reading the terminology "flashed" rom and thought they were similar or the same thing as rooting. One other question, once a phone is in a rooted state, if I was to go in and copy the APK for my replacement phone and put it on there could I then "unroot" lol ...sorry if this is not a word... so that my phone was no longer open? I had read somewhere (perhaps I heard it on a TWIT or Android podcast) that when your phone is in root state that anyone (ie: potentially bad software) has easier access to your phone's vunerable areas.

yes you can unroot. As for easy access after you are rooted to vulnerable areas, they can only get access if you let them. If an app wants super user privileges, you will get a pop up from su(the super user apk) telling you that some app is wanting privileges. You can grant or deny access. The only things on my phone that have ever given me a pop up are things that i downloaded and know need su access. Wifi tether, root explorer, adfree, etc.
12th November 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 10

153 posts
Wink
I have found a site that keeps older version of an android app. It's called Android Drawer.

Hope it helps
The Following User Says Thank You to zplits For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread