[MOD][Xposed] GCalMonthDetails - Enable/customize event text in GCalendar month view

Search This thread

mistermojorizin

Dec 21, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Does the stock calendar show the details in month view when in tablet view? This module basically takes advantage of built-in functionality in the Google Calendar app that's disabled when not in tablet mode.

Yes! It appears to be essentially the same app, but the google calendar app doesn't replace it. If your xposed module could apply to it, i wouldn't have to have 2 calendar apps installed.

bhulku123

Aug 11, 2010
Are you planning to update this module to change font size etc. In New calender app rolling out. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

The new Calendar app doesn't appear to have a month view any longer, so I doubt this module will be useful for much after a while.
There's month view on the tablet version, just not the phone version it seems - very annoying, I prefer the month view over an agenda so am thinking of just using the old version on my phone instead... Unless this can change that??

EyeTech

May 6, 2010
Manchester
Last edited:
Hmm, I'll see if I can force tablet mode.
It works using the app settings module - I set it to a phablet resolution, I think, so on my M7 I get single screen settings pages, rather than dual panel if I set it to a higher res. I've also turned off the pictures at the top of the month view as this was wasting space.

I had a play around with dpi and font size as well to find a good enough balance where the menu headings, titles etc are big enough, and the event titles in the month view are small, like what this module achieved, but couldn't quite get it as good.

EyeTech

May 6, 2010
Manchester
Would REALLY love it if you could force tablet mode. On my note 3 I did this with xposed app settings and chose Screen (dp) 1000x1600 which did the job. It doesn't work on the Note 4. More details in my other post:
http://xdaforums.com//xposed/modules/mod-app-settings-v1-9-2014-05-14-t2437377/post56856010

PS. Tablet view also enables 7 day week view instead of 5 day week view.

Thanks to Mojo4321 it's sorted. I needed to clear google cal data and then set res to 1000x1600 in app setting (xposed). Now it's in tablet mode and works a treat.

smithilberry

It works using the app settings module - I set it to a phablet resolution, I think, so on my M7 I get single screen settings pages, rather than dual panel if I set it to a higher res. I've also turned off the pictures at the top of the month view as this was wasting space.

I had a play around with dpi and font size as well to find a good enough balance where the menu headings, titles etc are big enough, and the event titles in the month view are small, like what this module achieved, but couldn't quite get it as good.

How did you shut off the top picture?

briandotcom0

Aug 30, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
working (hopefully) calendar

In googling for an old apk to get this mod to continue working on my phone, i came across this one. Will report back on how well i like it after i get it installed. My phone is currently like an old car held together by duct tape that you have to have the radio set on the right channel to not kill it shifting into 3rd.
That started as a much better analogy than it ended, this is a piece of junk.

http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5...text-month-t2516715/post52177074#post52177074

lulli1

I'm not really sure, but I think event text is enabled by default in the calendar app right now. but you can't change the DPI of the events in the month view, and they are much to big, to show enough appointments every day. so could it be possible for you, just to make the "change dpi" function work again. it's no solution to use app settings module for that, cause this changes the whole screen dpi and make the calendar very hard to read.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple module to fulfill requests here and here.

It's an adaptation of the original smali mods to the Google Calendar found here by @shaftenberg. There's preferences to allow you to customize how the event text looks in Google Calendar month view.

Tested against Google Calendar 20140414.

I didn't have time to find/create an app icon for the module; I'll get to it eventually.App icon added to v1.1

Standard xposed module stuff; install Xposed Framework, enable app_process, reboot. Install this module, enable in Xposed Installer->Modules, reboot.

Also available in the Xposed Repo.

Source is available at my github

(screenshot of calendar borrowed from shaftenberg's post)
    Uploaded new version to repo and OP. Found the issue causing the odd text size bug and it should be resolved now. Also added an app icon. Enjoy.

I'll get the source up to github later today.

Not unless the Google Calendar comes with a widget already. This module just takes the manual smali edits that were normally needed to enable event text in month view and makes it so you don't have to do any of that.
    There's month view on the tablet version, just not the phone version it seems - very annoying, I prefer the month view over an agenda so am thinking of just using the old version on my phone instead... Unless this can change that??

Hmm, I'll see if I can force tablet mode.
    is there a chance for lollipop support with the last calendar version? I really miss your module...

Haven't had any time to look into it, sorry. If you find an existing mod for the LP calendar that enables event text, I can probably get it worked into the module.