Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Have Cell reception bars but says no sim! Can not do anything.

OP theshamrockking

9th May 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 72

393 posts
So I have been having an issue with sim card errors with a custom rom and kernel. So i decided to just to go back to stock so i odin back to stock. Then flash the root with odin. And now i seem to be having a new kind of sim error where i can visibly see that i have signal bars that dont just sit at 5 bars in fact it fluctuates like normal from 2 to 5 bars. But yet the phone says no sim and i cant make calls of anything. My imei and baseband are intact from what i can see when going to about phone and looking and from the hidden menu codes. I have even tried to take the sim out and restart the phone with no sim inserted and it oddly enough showed me that i have 5 signal bars and i did not notice it fluctuate like before but i did not wait long. If anyone knows anything i can do please let me know. I need this fixed badly!
The Following User Says Thank You to theshamrockking For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Gainesville
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
More
fixed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshamrockking

So I have been having an issue with sim card errors with a custom rom and kernel. So i decided to just to go back to stock so i odin back to stock. Then flash the root with odin. And now i seem to be having a new kind of sim error where i can visibly see that i have signal bars that dont just sit at 5 bars in fact it fluctuates like normal from 2 to 5 bars. But yet the phone says no sim and i cant make calls of anything. My imei and baseband are intact from what i can see when going to about phone and looking and from the hidden menu codes. I have even tried to take the sim out and restart the phone with no sim inserted and it oddly enough showed me that i have 5 signal bars and i did not notice it fluctuate like before but i did not wait long. If anyone knows anything i can do please let me know. I need this fixed badly!

I am under the same situation. Baseband and everything is good.GPS works,WiFi,emergency signal...yet sim won't be recognized. It started after I flashed another custom ROM ...don't regal which one it was though. Have you managed to find a fix?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread