Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Unlock SM-T217A? (AT&T)

OP mnealbarrett

25th June 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
I have a Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217A that I purchased used through Cowboom. I would like to unlock it for other carriers. What would be the easiest and cheapest way to do this? I tried the AT&T unlock request page, but I am not an AT&T customer and never have been, and obviously do not know the name of the person who last used this device.

I have investigated the myriad millions of device-unlock services on the net, but my particular device doesn't show up on the drop-down-menu lists of supported devices on most of them.
26th June 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Solved this one myself. I took the unit to an AT&T store and subscribed to the $15/month pre-paid plan, thereby becoming an AT&T customer. Then I filled out the form on the web site asking for the unlock code, which I got about 2 hours later.
27th August 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ephrata
Thanks Meter: 0

52 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealbarrett

Solved this one myself. I took the unit to an AT&T store and subscribed to the $15/month pre-paid plan, thereby becoming an AT&T customer. Then I filled out the form on the web site asking for the unlock code, which I got about 2 hours later.

Just curious: How long after getting the AT&T service did you wait before contacting them for the unlock code? I was actually thinking the same, but wasn't sure how long I would have to be with AT&T before I could get the code. I really don't want to be with them any longer then necessary. I have T-Mo & they give free Tablet data plans to customers, but I need the device unlocked first.
Thanx
13th November 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lagos
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
More
Hi, seems I'm coming very late to the party. But I've got good news for the op. I bought this tablet off Amazon, arrived with 4..2.2, searched for unlock code and found none. Presently rocking GSM function on this tablet. How did I get it unlocked? RegionLock Away app by Chainfire. See link below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2470551

Thank me, donate to Chanfire and buy me a beer later.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread