Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] How to "UnBrick/Return to Stock" your Omate TrueSmart Watch x201

OP MasterZen88

6th November 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 9

105 posts
Folks, really need some help here. I have the EU 1gb/8gb alumnium version. Just opened it a few days ago and i tried doing some rooting and flashing, and totally messed it up. It now gets stuck on the bootlogo. Just never gets past the bootscreen. I dont know how to fix this. I tried all the methods in this thread, and tried using the Omate_TrueSmart_20140513.103530_V2.0 rom i found in another thread. I never took any backups
6th November 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #122  

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysha8

Folks, really need some help here. I have the EU 1gb/8gb alumnium version. Just opened it a few days ago and i tried doing some rooting and flashing, and totally messed it up. It now gets stuck on the bootlogo. Just never gets past the bootscreen. I dont know how to fix this. I tried all the methods in this thread, and tried using the Omate_TrueSmart_20140513.103530_V2.0 rom i found in another thread. I never took any backups

Anyone, please help?
7th November 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 549

1,766 posts
Hold the bottom button, press the top button until you see bootloader menu, press top button to boot into recovery. Factory reset.
7th November 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #124  

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan

Hold the bottom button, press the top button until you see bootloader menu, press top button to boot into recovery. Factory reset.

Kuronosan, thank you for that. I tried pressing the buttons as per your interaction, i reach the bootloader menu, and then any button i press just switches off the watch. I think it is not charging as well, i tried both the batteries (which are new) but whenever i plug in, the screen starts showing the battery charging sign, but the level never rises, have been charging for 4-5 hours now. I really dont know what to do, and what went wrong, i definitely did something while rooting and installing ensec. It went into bootloop first, and now once the battery is drained out, it is not even charging back up.
7th November 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #125  

1,766 posts
You need to do a full restore using sp tools
8th November 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #126  

105 posts
Quote:

You need to do a full restore using sp tools

Can you let me know the process for that, or point me to the right post? I wasnt able to find one place that had end to end instructions. The procedure in the first post of this thread is not working. The download does nto happen, whatever i try. I tried all the possible resolutions mentioned in this thread, but no luck.
Last edited by boysha8; 8th November 2014 at 05:54 PM.
8th November 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #127  

1,766 posts
Um, it's the first post in this thread.
13th November 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #128  

105 posts
Quote:

Um, it's the first post in this thread.

hi kuronosan, i understand its in the first post. But as i mentioned, the method is not working for me. Is there any other way to do it, through sd card or something like that. I am able to boot into recovery (by keeping both buttons pressed) but even after factory reset it just gets stuck on the boot screen. Would really appreciate any further pointers on this, unless someone confirms to me it is now a brick.
13th November 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #129  

1,766 posts
Which recovery is it booting to? If it's TWRP you can download one of the kernels in the EnSec thread and likely fix your issue. If it's stock, the only way you can do it through recovery is to flash a new TWRP recovery using MTK Droid Tools. Then you can flash a fixed kernel/firmware. It's the only way to do it.

If none of those methods work, your watch isn't bricked. You just can't fix it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
omate, unbrick, x201
Previous Thread Next Thread