Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Root ASUS MemoPad FHD 10 Model ME302C US version 5.0.16

OP intrepid24

14th November 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
I just wanted to say:
I got the Memo Pad FHD 10: It lagged in slowness a bit in a few well known apps. Also when browsing the internet. Also the kicker for knowing I had to 'Root' was certain apps use the 'System font' for Chinese-Pinyin display. Asus-Memo Factory-font does not display accented characters well. But the standard setting do not allow adjustment to the System-font.

Your Easy instructions under: 'For those who are not rooted'... Were simple. I downloaded the two files... 5.0.16 (Although: Note I needed to rename, the 5.016, to exactly match what you said. The filename was slightly different.)

I was a little scared, even though I had already upgraded the firmware of my Tablet to 51.31, but another poster had that number as well, so I decided to boldly press-on.

Then I put the 5.017 and boom... and installed the SuperSU file as instructed... and a way I went! Thanx! Thankx! I put on HiFonts and found a font that was suitable for the system. The pad is also now so much snappier!!! I hope that doesn't mean the battery is now going to drain at an alarming rate. I haven't tested that yet. :
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread