Ask a question

No registration required

[LIST] KitKat Bloatware || Safe-To-Remove System Apps of 4.4.2

OP calebcabob

10th September 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I removed a few of these and my screen rotation stopped working
Yesterday I uninstalled a few of these apps (using Titanium Backup). Later I noticed that my screen rotation doesn't work anymore. I can still press the navigation bar icon and it lights up, but the screen no longer rotates. Any idea which app caused this problem?

Would the easiest solution be to just do a nandroid restore (I just backed up a few days ago) or Titanium Backup restore?
13th September 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #32  
OP Senior Member
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 280

671 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyHusky

Yesterday I uninstalled a few of these apps (using Titanium Backup). Later I noticed that my screen rotation doesn't work anymore. I can still press the navigation bar icon and it lights up, but the screen no longer rotates. Any idea which app caused this problem?

Would the easiest solution be to just do a nandroid restore (I just backed up a few days ago) or Titanium Backup restore?

You're the first to report this happening. I removed all of these and never had any issues. Ok, so try this… Go into titantium and see which ones you had uninstalled/freezed and post the list of them here. Use the filter option on the top right part of the app view screen… you may find it easiest to just check off the options to view whats frozen and unisnstalled. Then in the app list view, hit the sorting option (top left) and organize by last modified...and post the list here.

I'm not sure that any of these are going to be directly related to screen rotation… we'll see. Do you have xposed installed? You could always use wanam and just check off the option to rotate all views if none of these system apps you uninstalled or had freezed are the culprit. Cuz in that case, Wanam Xposed will at least help you to gain the screen rotation feature back I'd say.
Last edited by calebcabob; 13th September 2014 at 06:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to calebcabob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #33  
Flag East Maitland, NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 215

555 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just found this thread, the I9505 Ultimate BLOATWARE (remove) List deBLOAT Android 4.3 OFFICIAL (ROOT required!) Thread, with thanks to fAiLOfax...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514703

Hope this helps...
17th September 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #34  

3 posts
nice
awesome thanks
18th September 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 10

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshotty

Just found this thread, the I9505 Ultimate BLOATWARE (remove) List deBLOAT Android 4.3 OFFICIAL (ROOT required!) Thread, with thanks to fAiLOfax...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514703

Hope this helps...

That's cool but our Rom version will have differences compared to the 9505 (I am pretty sure we are in the vzw forum, if not pls forgive me it's sometimes hard to your in the wrong forum on my phone), for the most part its same but there are plenty of carrier related SW that differs from model to model. That is the stuff I really consider bloat.

Also I think there should be separate lists for specific Rom builds, this way we are not comparing apples and oranges. So freezing app X on Rom Y may work fine, but freezing app X on Rom Z may cause issues. Forgive me if I am not making sense just think that's an easy way to prevent issues and whatnot.

Anyways gr8 work its nice to see people still doing the little things in the community, that's what makes XDA what it is.
Last edited by xxxtncxxx; 18th September 2014 at 12:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxtncxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th September 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #36  

8 posts
Delete via Root Explorer?
Hi guys,

I'm a little late to this party; but I had a question about deleting these apps. Can we remove them via Root Explorer, or do we have to do this via a command line app on the phone? I'm rooted BTW and running 4.2.2
26th September 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #37  
Flag East Maitland, NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 215

555 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavvydiv

Hi guys,

I'm a little late to this party; but I had a question about deleting these apps. Can we remove them via Root Explorer, or do we have to do this via a command line app on the phone? I'm rooted BTW and running 4.2.2

There's a few 'System App. Remover' apps on Play Store, all of them pretty much do the same job, just a case of personal preference...
6th October 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #38  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 7

126 posts
More
Screen rotation
If you have issues with screen rotation, it's because of Samsung Hub. My screen stopped rotating after I uninstalled a bunch of Samsung Apps. After poking around online for a while I found out screen rotation is somehow linked to the Samsung Hub app. I reinstalled Hub, restarted my phone, and my screen rotates again.
12th November 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #39  

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmtnbkr

If you have issues with screen rotation, it's because of Samsung Hub. My screen stopped rotating after I uninstalled a bunch of Samsung Apps. After poking around online for a while I found out screen rotation is somehow linked to the Samsung Hub app. I reinstalled Hub, restarted my phone, and my screen rotates again.

So I had the same issue. What I found is libgnustl_shared.so was not correct. Once I copied this over it worked fine. Didn't have to have Samsung Hub installed..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2644293
14th November 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #40  

1 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncampbell

So I had the same issue. What I found is libgnustl_shared.so was not correct. Once I copied this over it worked fine. Didn't have to have Samsung Hub installed..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2644293

Can I ask you how you copied the file in to the folder?
I'm rooted and tried some root explorer and they all failed to copy the file in to that /system/lib/ folder location

also this original post was for different variant of S4 but does it still work with our verizon model?
would you be willing to be specific on steps to help me fix no rotation problem
Thanks a bunch!

EDIT
I also tried factory reset, installing samsung hub but still couldn't get the screen rotation back.
Any ideas guys QQ

EDIT 2
Okay, I managed to put the file in to system/lib folder and changed permission.
now I got rotation back
Last edited by ssok87; 14th November 2014 at 08:01 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
freeze, safely, safely remove, system apps, uninstall
Previous Thread Next Thread