[Q] Panasonic PRX120 Root?

OP Monkeywoman

14th June 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 7

82 posts
More
Hello, I picked up a Panasonic KX-PRX120 home phone. It comes with Android 4.0. Anyone aware of a generic root for it? I'd like to install "private caller" identification apps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140613_160051.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	2796917  
21st September 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
I too picked up this phone!
I have this device, it runs ICS 4.0.4, feels quite old.

I wanted to updated this to Jelly Bean at least, many popular apps are not available in the store, or simply do not work with it.

No 'Talking Caller ID' app works with it currently, all of them say 'Call from Unknown'.

I'm willing to compile Cyanogenmod from source if necessary (if and when I learn how to do it), but I'd like to create an existing image backup for my device first. Also, I'll need to ensure that the Landline App and DECT 6.0 features from Panasonic would work on my new rom.

Any tips anyone? Or am I looking at the impossible?
14th November 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have one too and was amazed to discover that with a clean install when you run all of the updates there is only 12M spare on the internal storage! This is a problem because I use CardDAV to sync my contacts between all my devices and they have to be stored on the internal storage.

I would like to root the phone so that I can mount the SD card to increase the amount of internal storage so that the phone is actually useable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
home phone, ics, root
Previous Thread Next Thread