I updated android to 4.4.2 according to D-Fuse’s post, created a new APN with “dun” added to the APN type, lastly updated the settings.db file to have tether_dun_required set to 0.
I purchased the Fabio WIFI Tether Router app for another one of my phones so I tried this app with the above settings and it ran perfect! The tmobile app shows 0 MB of data used from my 3GB tethered allotment, while my regular data amount went up. Only thing I noticed is when I reboot the tether_dun_required is set back to 1 and I have to reset that to 0, but its not a big deal. I'll work on this soon but so far it was vary easy to use tethering with 4.4.2 compared to 4.2.2.