Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

At&t note 3 on cricket wireless / aio

OP imablackhat

6th June 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 262

1,926 posts
I'm planning on buying a note 3 at&t branded because I'd be using it on at&ts network but through cricket wireless. Does anyone have any exp in doing this? Does everything work? And LTE?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
6th June 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cleveland ROCKS!!!
Thanks Meter: 435

1,222 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think you'll be one of the first to test this. Cricket use to be cdma style communication whereas at&t is gsm. I believe at&t just merged aio wireless and cricket thus changing cricket from cdma to gsm. If this is true you won't have any problems whatsoever. Just pop in the SIM and it will probably update the apn settings automatically. You can find the apn settings on crickets website and enter them yourself if it doesn't.
7th June 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 8

64 posts
More
Just to clarify I am already using aio/cricket for months on this device. All will work fine if you have been reading up on aio and cricket merger you would know att is killing off crickets cdma line and will be using GSM, op just make sure you let SM-N900A is UNLOCKED and that you get a sim card and you should be fine. As per 4g/4g lte you may as well go elsewhere you will get 4g/4g lte where available but remember AIO/CRICKET is throttled data, so no matter what you will be limited to a lower speed. If you need any help let me know I've been on aio for months (pre merger to the point I have an aio sim but cricket in the top left).
8th June 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

112 posts
Donate to Me
I'm from the Pittsburgh area but now I'm in savanna Georgia and I've had lte almost the whole way..... I'm on cricket wireless also and I've had no problems with them.... I get lte almost everywhere I go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
8th June 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 27

162 posts
More
Why to go with "Criplet" if you can have this with AT$T Note 3 on $30 T-M prepaid (the radio chip is much better than T-M original)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-07-07-53-31.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	2786280  
Last edited by jondoe27; 8th June 2014 at 03:10 AM.
9th June 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 8

64 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondoe27

Why to go with "Criplet" if you can have this with AT$T Note 3 on $30 T-M prepaid (the radio chip is much better than T-M original)

Not to he offensive but tmobile sucks. Tmobile only has coverage (4g/4g lte) in major cities, aio/cricket runs off of AT&T network so you already get better coverage. Speeds may be throttled but I can do everything off it on these speeds, youtube, milk music, pandora no problems. When I had tmobile I was constantly on "edge"/2g, but on aio/cricket 75% of the time I'm on 4g lte and the rest I'm on 4g. OP unless you plan on never leaving a major city, just get aio/cricket.
The Following User Says Thank You to zhable For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #7  
Chattanooga
Thanks Meter: 4

29 posts
More
I was on AIO for about a month, and now am on the merged Cricket with an Unlocked Note 3 (for another month). The 4g LTE data speed is capped at 8mbps. I have no problem streaming whatever I want. I had Verizon and most of the time I only got around that speed anyway. I looked at about every MNVO and provider for a cheaper way to do smartphones, and for 3 smartphones, I am at only $115 a month total with 2.5gb per line. I put out about $700 on a Note 3 and 2 S4 phones, and am saving about $115 a month on what it would cost me with AT&T or Verizon. The coverage for AT&T in my area is excellent. I have also found that the online chat is very quick and helpful with any questions. So far I am very pleased.

AT&T basically threw out Cricket and merely put the brand onto their existing AIO wireless. Given that there are so many more Cricket stores, it makes sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to voigts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I am looking to purchase a note 4 either with T-Mobile, Verizon, or Att Wireless and use it on Cricket Wireless since you guys have done this with the Note 3. Will I be able to pop the Cricket sim card in and let it update by air or will I have to unlock all of these phones for this to work.. Also any suggestions for mms .. 4g LTE..etc will be appreciated..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using XDA Free mobile app
14th November 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #9  
Huntington, WV
Thanks Meter: 239

1,051 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhable

Not to he offensive but tmobile sucks. Tmobile only has coverage (4g/4g lte) in major cities, aio/cricket runs off of AT&T network so you already get better coverage. Speeds may be throttled but I can do everything off it on these speeds, youtube, milk music, pandora no problems. When I had tmobile I was constantly on "edge"/2g, but on aio/cricket 75% of the time I'm on 4g lte and the rest I'm on 4g. OP unless you plan on never leaving a major city, just get aio/cricket.

They have nicer phones

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
15th November 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #10  
Flag lancaster
Thanks Meter: 399

1,713 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicdamon1001

I am looking to purchase a note 4 either with T-Mobile, Verizon, or Att Wireless and use it on Cricket Wireless since you guys have done this with the Note 3. Will I be able to pop the Cricket sim card in and let it update by air or will I have to unlock all of these phones for this to work.. Also any suggestions for mms .. 4g LTE..etc will be appreciated..

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using XDA Free mobile app

If you get the N4 AT&T branded phone and plan to use cricket, you just put in SIM. Within minutes, you will get the configuration message, install and you're ready to go. No unlocking needed. With the Verizon and T-Mobile phones, you'll have to unlock. However, with any phone, unless you are on that branded phones service, you will not get OTA to new OS versions. This is not that big of a deal since you are already on xda, you can just go to your forum and more than likely find a flashable. [emoji3]

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread