Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][2.3+][FREE] Total Backup - backup and restore contact joins, groups & call log

OP adriantc_ro

8th October 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekeh

This app looks great but annoyingly I discovered it too late. Any chance you could add a feature to restore the joined contacts from a nandroid backup? (otherwise I have to nandroid my new install, restore my old rom, install the app, backup, restore the new rom and the restore from the backup)

Unfortunately I don't even think it is even possible. I have never used nandroid, but does it normally restore contact joins? Because if it does not it means that it doesn't even backup that information...
8th October 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriantc_ro

Unfortunately I don't even think it is even possible. I have never used nandroid, but does it normally restore contact joins? Because if it does not it means that it doesn't even backup that information...

Well a nandroid is a full dump of the nand so the data is there somewhere, if I restored it onto the phone it would be indentical to how I left it a couple of days ago and the joins would be intact, so if you know where the data is the phone you should be able to find the same files inside the nandroid zip
8th October 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #23  
OP Member

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekeh

Well a nandroid is a full dump of the nand so the data is there somewhere, if I restored it onto the phone it would be indentical to how I left it a couple of days ago and the joins would be intact, so if you know where the data is the phone you should be able to find the same files inside the nandroid zip

Well if the data is there it could be used to restore only the contact joins. I will look into it, but I can't make any promises.
16th November 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #24  
OP Member

39 posts
Thumbs up
A new major version of Total Backup has been released that brings a few improvements and bug fixes. Here is the change log:

Quote:

+ v5.0.1 (Build 47) - STABLE BUILD
- Fixed theme for pre-Android 5.0 devices

+ v5.0.0 (Build 46) - STABLE BUILD
- [Critical bug fix] Correct backup destination detection on Android 5.0!
- [Minor bug fix] Using Restore all option would not correctly update statistics!
- Major core optimizations resulting in smaller APK size, improved responsiveness and security
- Important user interface improvements for size and consistency
- Added support for the new Material theme in Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Updated Google Play services to version 6.1.71

+ v4.6.1 (Build 45) - STABLE BUILD
- Added full support for Android 5.0 Lollipop

+ v4.6.0 (Build 44) - STABLE BUILD
- Updated Google Play services to version 6.1.11
- Updated Amazon IAP to version 2.0.1
- Updated Gson to version 2.3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread