No registration required

Do you use your stylus?

OP Quarkstring

28th April 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 12

103 posts
Donate to Me
More
i do, and i have the note 10.1 GT-N8013 as well, which is cross-compatible stylus-wise. in fact, the stylus is most likely what sold me on the phone since i'm probably still nostalgic for my HTC tilt and tilt2. hehe.

i generally feel more comfortable using the stylus with handwriting input than using swype or pecking at the keyboard.. i use it for taking screenshots by pressing the button on the side, too. and for drawing/image editing. and scrolling by pointing it towards the edges, and doing hover functions that a touchscreen normally doesn't recognize...

i have kali linux installed as an image file on my external storage (on the N8013, though i want to install it on the N900T as well), so when i VNC into my kali desktop environment i essentially can use it as a mouse with the air hover..

and i love how it can tell the difference between the stylus and your hand, since i'm a lefty. so i can write comfortably with it and it won't show up as just gibberish from palm rest dragging across.
Last edited by eudemonics; 28th April 2014 at 05:39 AM.
29th April 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 29

269 posts
I use my stylus every scheduling meeting at work, when ever I need to take notes or when ever I get an itch in my ear. /truestory
16th November 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
I have been thinking about the S pen recently. I actually don't think I use the stylus much at all, or the multiwindow feature. With a rooted phone I can bring my password app up in a window, and that's about it.

Digital notes and handwriting is done on my tablet instead. I use Google apps over Samsung apps (like Gmail and chrome) So I can't hover over icons with my spen for email previews or details on icons. Most apps feel cramped to me when having two windows up. I can usually type out a quick note with SwiftKey faster than I can write neatly enough to read later.

To me it seems more like a mental thing more than anything else. I like being able to hover over tabs on websites and have my S pen act like a mouse, and I like the occasional screen write. But in practice I think I've realized I just don't use the Samsung features much. Maybe I should try a non-tw rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to superdookie67 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread