Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][ICS] sediROM - current inside - stable - smooth - rooted or not-rooted

OP xdajog

Announcement from xdajog: v1.1 ARRIVED :)
12th November 2014, 10:19 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 5

67 posts
Unfortunately, it crashed again with Force GPU rendering enabled.
The Following User Says Thank You to Meeho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th November 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #132  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 178

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeho

Unfortunately, it crashed again with Force GPU rendering enabled.

yeah true but with another error. Before the gpu rendering it crashed with

Code:
 E/libEGL  (6010): called unimplemented OpenGL ES API
that seems to be fixed by using that gpu force option because after you have enabled it those messages disappeared.

Well now it crashed because of

Code:
Out of memory on a 143376-byte allocation.
First thought about that is either you have to much apps running in the background consuming too much memory or it could be a bug within the youtube player itself. It seems it loads and tries to extend memory until it results in that "out of mem" at the end. So if you haven't tried that already I would suggest to upgrade the player or use another one. You should also check your free memory with a task manager or when you connect to the device by adb and execute "free -m" several times while you using youtube.
Only guessing here sorry but thats all I can do from here.. Let me know if that helps you
The Following User Says Thank You to xdajog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #133  

67 posts
I see, thank you. I didn't have many things loaded, if any. Much, much fewer than what I normally used on GB, where my browsers alone constantly used >300 MB. It may be the app itself, I've used the one from here. I'll try with the latest one. It is much more stable with the Force GPU option in either case.

Besides that, there are a couple of other issues I've encountered and would appreciate your feedback.

- GPS sattelite fix is slow

- I run "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep - Never". Sometimes it would kill Wi-Fi if I watch (well, listen) a Youtube video with screen off. Also, Wi-Fi would sometimes not reconnect automatically when I wake the phone and I have to toggle it off/on manually.

. this happens rarely, but sometimes notification sounds are not played (e.g. when new message arrives) and I have to reboot to get them back. Phone ring and multimedia sounds work without issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Meeho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th November 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #134  
OP Senior Member

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeho

I see, thank you. I didn't have many things loaded, if any. Much, much fewer than what I normally used on GB, where my browsers alone constantly used >300 MB. It may be the app itself, I've used the one from here. I'll try with the latest one. It is much more stable with the Force GPU option in either case.

Yes give the latest one a try. But again not the amount of running apps is important but the RAM usage. 1 app could have a bug and consuming too much RAM or something and you're lost. So it could be that youtube one or any other one. I recommend that you take a look of the RAM usage. You could do it e.g. this way:

login via "adb shell"
execute this:
Code:
while [ 1=1 ];do sleep 2 && free -m >> ramusage.txt && echo >> ramusage.txt ;done
you can then use pastebin to upload ramusage.txt

Quote:

- GPS sattelite fix is slow

Well there are several solutions for this. Normally when you install sediROM and then choosing the GPS fix it is needed that you're outside to provide that fix. As the most people won't install a ROM while jumping around outside that is the main reason why it is not applied correctly in most cases. There is already a feature request to include the following as a fix but you can do that on your own because it is not planned when this will be added to sediROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451609

Quote:

- I run "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep - Never". Sometimes it would kill Wi-Fi if I watch (well, listen) a Youtube video with screen off. Also, Wi-Fi would sometimes not reconnect automatically when I wake the phone and I have to toggle it off/on manually.

yeah that is a known bug..

Quote:

. this happens rarely, but sometimes notification sounds are not played (e.g. when new message arrives) and I have to reboot to get them back. Phone ring and multimedia sounds work without issues.

at least the not ringing issues should be fixed in v1.5 because of a new kernel but wifi still has a problem sometimes. Today I investigate the same as you described even with CM11 kernel so I'm not sure if I can fix that before v2..
The Following User Says Thank You to xdajog For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #135  

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdajog

Yes give the latest one a try. But again not the amount of running apps is important but the RAM usage. 1 app could have a bug and consuming too much RAM or something and you're lost. So it could be that youtube one or any other one. I recommend that you take a look of the RAM usage. You could do it e.g. this way:

login via "adb shell"
execute this:

Code:
while [ 1=1 ];do sleep 2 && free -m >> ramusage.txt && echo >> ramusage.txt ;done
you can then use pastebin to upload ramusage.txt

Is there an app that I could use? I would like to avoid installing Java on my computer.

Also, at what time should I run the command?

Quote:

Well there are several solutions for this. Normally when you install sediROM and then choosing the GPS fix it is needed that you're outside to provide that fix. As the most people won't install a ROM while jumping around outside that is the main reason why it is not applied correctly in most cases. There is already a feature request to include the following as a fix but you can do that on your own because it is not planned when this will be added to sediROM:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451609

Ah, yes, I wasn't outside. WIll check out the link.
16th November 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #136  
OP Senior Member

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes there are apps which can record the RAM usage but you need to find one who can export and measure the usage by each app. It would be important too that you measure the whole time from starting youtube until it crashes

But nevertheless i would try the newer app version if you can first..

-----
Sent from my SGH-I927 using XDA Android mobile app
Last edited by xdajog; 16th November 2014 at 02:45 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread