[ROM][4.3/4.4][Official]AOKP for SPH-L720 (jfltespr)

Search This thread

Willie68wr

Jan 14, 2013
Weird occurance: clean flash, no kernel change, ran great for two days. Suddenly, no data. No lte, no 3g. Re-(dirty) flashed rom, no dice. Flashed different kernel, no dice. Got real scared it was a hardware problem. Nanded back to previous rom, data returned. Thought maybe it was a sprint issue, so nanded back to this rom, no data. Now back on previous rom.

Loved this rom while data worked, will reinstall fresh when I get a spare minute.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
When I was having issues with data breaking I flashed this zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5egw28npbtmobc/sprint.zip it solved the problem. I did a clean wipe, flashed the rom, gapps and this zip all in the same session.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: greeg32

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
When I was having issues with data breaking I flashed this zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5egw28npbtmobc/sprint.zip it solved the problem. I did a clean wipe, flashed the rom, gapps and this zip all in the same session.

Going to look at that zip. I was having similar issues with my G2 before KK dropped.
And just a heads-up, this thread will be closing soon and moving to a new Unified thread. So keep an eye out for that and make sure when you report something on unified to include the carrier. Thanks again!

Reactions: Willie68wr

Willie68wr

Jan 14, 2013
Going to look at that zip. I was having similar issues with my G2 before KK dropped.
And just a heads-up, this thread will be closing soon and moving to a new Unified thread. So keep an eye out for that and make sure when you report something on unified to include the carrier. Thanks again!

No problem bro... And I appreciate the info.

Willie68wr

Jan 14, 2013

Did you ever use the sprint zip? Would like to know if you did and how it worked out for you.

TechShui

Oct 21, 2013
Kernel is not SEANDROID enforcing

After flashing this ROM on my L720. I got a message in the upper left corner, that the "kernel is not seandroid enforcing".

The ROM runs good for about a minute, then the phone reboots! What could be causing this? Are there any log files that can help me get this ROM working? Or should I just give up and try another ROM?

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
After flashing this ROM on my L720. I got a message in the upper left corner, that the "kernel is not seandroid enforcing".

The ROM runs good for about a minute, then the phone reboots! What could be causing this? Are there any log files that can help me get this ROM working? Or should I just give up and try another ROM?
Seandroid message is expected on 4.4. what other issues? We are working on updating thing as time allows.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

muzicman82

Dec 27, 2007
Wilmington, DE
Hi all, I'm on the 6-14 jflte build and the phone doesn't switch network modes reliably. I am in a LTE area right now and the EVDO/LTE mode doesn't connect to 3G or 4G. If I switch to just CDMA, I'll get 3G but it takes forever to connect.

Why is the APN menu greyed out? CM11 had the same issues but I was able to use that menu to override things.

ALSO: In previous versions of AOKP, I was able to set lock screen app targets and also there was a push and hold for torch. I can't find these anymore. Where did these go?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

garwynn

Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Works fine for me
5f579d2f9c3358504b8e05072f12f889.jpg

Used philz recovery over twrp just really like the options philz has and have had issues with twrp from time to time

muzicman82

Dec 27, 2007
Wilmington, DE
Hmm.. maybe I'll revisit this one day.

For now, I just flashed to OmniROM and set the runtime to ART and performance is unbelievably better. No issues. So fast. So happy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:
    Your device, your responsibility. Neither I, Team Kang, nor anyone else are liable for anything you flash, including this.
    As a result you'll probably want to read the rest of the thread and at least be aware of what you're flashing.
    Having said the above.....
    Device: jfltespr (Samsung Galaxy S4 - SPH-L720)
    81.png

» Installation is simple:

• If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS)
    • Reboot
    78.png

Summary Changelog: (please see Github for full list of changes)
    Code:
    jf devices unified - 4/06/2014
    First Kitkat nightly - 12/25/2013
    jb-mr2 milestone - 12/18/2013  (likely final jb-mr2 build)
    Initial jb-mr2 nightly - 9/28/2013
    Official Milestone 2 - 7/22/2013
    Unofficial (6/5/13) - Updated repos, removed beta tag
    Beta (5/25/13) - Replaced bootanimation.zip with a "proper" one :D
    Beta 1 (5/10/13) - Promoted to Beta based on stability results.

80.png

Nightlies (before 4/5/2014): http://aokp.co/devices/jflte
    Nightlies (before 4/5/2014): http://aokp.co/devices/jfltespr
    4.3 Milestone: AOKP Milestone Blog Entry w/List

Latest GApps here courtesy Goo.im. Please make sure to use the current version.

KitKat Note: I recommend PA GApps as they have seemed to have the least issues.
    You can find them here among other locations.

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » SOURCE on AOKP.co

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donation options on AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Morning everyone! You may have noticed I updated OP.... which means we have our first nightly for 4.4!
    Whole bunch of new info in OP so check it out, including the new build!
    Unofficial builds that I make will still be at rwilco12.com so check there as well!
    Awesome! Thanks for your hard work and getting this official.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Just curious if you know if CM and or AOKP is planning on moving away from AOSP to the Google Edition TW framework ever?

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

CM and AOKP encompass far more than Samsung... and from that perspective it's wise to keep things somewhat compatible where they won't break other things. Beyond that... TW framework source is still proprietary and so there's no way to build that on your own at the moment.

Bottom line - if you want the Google Experience and still play with TW apps you're better to stick with a GE-themed TW ROM.
    Sorry about the miscommunication folks - it's been straightened out.
    The builds ran, which I've updated the goo.im link so you can see them all now.
    That should keep everyone up-to-date until AOKP updates the device page.
    (Which I suspect is just a matter of getting the official maintainer status straightened out.)

OP updated with official 4.3 nightly! Sorry for the wait and enjoy!!
    I had reboot issues while running the 9/28 build with Ktoonsez kernel

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I'm planning on an unofficial build this weekend if no nightly run this week. Been busy helping PA team with a big project.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4