Ask a question

No registration required

Working Sideloaded APK List - No longer being updated

OP JJ-KwiK

16th November 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #251  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Is your AFTV rooted?
I was too fast with the installation, so mine is unrootable at the moment.
17th November 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #252  
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 36

351 posts
More
No root needed for sideloading via ADB,and Evozi should help you out on getting the apk.
If your firmware is new enough,you should already have access to installing apk files from unknown sources.

Also...Terminal Emulator,a web browser,and ES File Explorer on your FTV will help you have an easier time sideloading apk files if you have a keyboard like the Logitech K400r.
17th November 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #253  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroben

No root needed for sideloading via ADB,and Evozi should help you out on getting the apk.
If your firmware is new enough,you should already have access to installing apk files from unknown sources.

Also...Terminal Emulator,a web browser,and ES File Explorer on your FTV will help you have an easier time sideloading apk files if you have a keyboard like the Logitech K400r.

Thanksfor your answer. What for I need the Terminal emulator? I just asked, cause I installed another rotation app, wich doesn't work. The screen rotates for less then a second and goes back to normal mode.
I already have the k400r Keyboard, wich is a great combination with the aftv. By the way, I was able to bring the real spotify app to the startscreen by connecting it with the spotify connect app by using the "lama-method".

Greatings from Hamburg.
17th November 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #254  
Flag Fultondale
Thanks Meter: 36

351 posts
More
For those who do not have root access,Terminal Emulator can be used to sideload a stored apk file from your Fire TV's sdcard directory (primarily the "Download" folder) so you don't have to use a PC anymore.
The web browser and ES File Explorer are for accessing more apk files via Evozi and other means then renaming them something short to type into Terminal Emulator using
"adb install /sdcard/folder/filename.apk" to install the app you downloaded.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread