OP AndikaTedja

4th November 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #121  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Samsung T311
Hi!

I did the process on my Galaxy Tab T311 and It worked. But after flashing, google play is crashing every time I want to open it. (Algo Google Chrome).

What should I do? Re flash and re deodex the rom? (I already wipe cache and dalvik and nothing happens).
4th November 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 66

219 posts
More
Try to clear Google play data from app manager

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk
10th November 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #123  
Flag Raleigh,NC
Thanks Meter: 348

426 posts
More
It won't deodex the files I get
Starting deodex...
Deodexed files are stored in system\app, system\priv-app, system\ framework folder.
Press any key to continue.
I do and it goes back to the main menu. Any ideas?
10th November 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #124  
Flag Wichita
Thanks Meter: 36

420 posts
More
The program seems to pull, deodex and compile correctly, but the zip will not flash in safestrap. I am met with a simple "failed" error right after it skips the md5 check. Using the SGH-I537. Coming from stock rooted NH3.

EDIT:

For some reason it was not adding an updater script to the zip. Got that taken care of and worked great, thanks.
Last edited by matt_b; 10th November 2014 at 03:45 PM.
14th November 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 104

434 posts
Will it hurt to rename the zip file so I can more easily remember what that zip is for? say from what the program names it to like My_de-odexed_backup.zip, would that mess the file up in any way, does it rely somehow on a name like withing the zip it's looking for a specified name?

Edit:
Finally got a zip file made, and everything system wide is apk only, no odex files in the zip.
I am useing twrp 2.8 latest to flash it. I go to format data, then clear caches, then install the zip and it gets stuck at the samsung galaxy s4 black screen. My phone is a sprint s4 sph-l720T.

Yes I do have a stock rooted nanadroid backup, as well as an official firmware file, so reflashing is not an issue.

So I do something wrong or do I just chalk this up as it won't work on this phone?
Last edited by easyrider77; 15th November 2014 at 07:20 AM.
17th November 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #126  
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider77

Will it hurt to rename the zip file so I can more easily remember what that zip is for? say from what the program names it to like My_de-odexed_backup.zip, would that mess the file up in any way, does it rely somehow on a name like withing the zip it's looking for a specified name?

Edit:
Finally got a zip file made, and everything system wide is apk only, no odex files in the zip.
I am useing twrp 2.8 latest to flash it. I go to format data, then clear caches, then install the zip and it gets stuck at the samsung galaxy s4 black screen. My phone is a sprint s4 sph-l720T.

Yes I do have a stock rooted nanadroid backup, as well as an official firmware file, so reflashing is not an issue.

So I do something wrong or do I just chalk this up as it won't work on this phone?

It should work. You do not need to format data as these are system files, well at least I didn't. Honestly, I have used the original tool on all my phones, specially my L600 ( Mega ) phone. I actually manually pulled my App, Framework & Priv-App folders and manually placed them in the correct area to De-Odex. Unfortunately I have left development for the L600 and wont be very active there as much. Afterwards, I just modified a flashable zip from another model Samsung phone, replaced/modified all the files needed inside and flashed all the new folders/apks setting permissions where needed. There are a couple more de-odex tools on here as well, just have to look around. They all work good. Just take apart the flashable zip and use Notepad++ to open the scripts and see what it asks for and modify what's needed for you.
17th November 2014, 10:10 AM   |  #127  
Flag Beirouth
Thanks Meter: 5

89 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndikaTedja

For those doesnt know how to deodex kitkat roms, here is a guide to deodex your rom
This tool is based on kamome tool for Xperia 4.4, so i edit it a little

ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP

Pre-requested :

1. Java
  2. Rooted phone
  3. Odexed rom
  4. USB Debugging enabled (If you want to pull files from your device)
  5. Custom Recovery (Tested on CWM)

Download :
Kitkat_Deodexer
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Please dont make another mirrors

Guide :
  1. Extract downloaded tool
  2. Run main.bat
  3. Type 1 to create working folder
  4. Plug in your phone, then type 2 to pull files from your device
    This step can be skipped if you manually copy /system/app, /system/framework, /system/priv-app to /Kitkat_Deodexer/system
  5. Type 3 to start deodexing
  6. Type 4 to create flashable zip
    This step also can be skipped if you want to build your own flashable zip by editing updater-script
  7. Done

To install it :
  1. Copy deodex_install.zip to your sdcard
  2. Go to CWM recovery
  3. Flash the zip
  4. Done

Credits :
Thanks to @hagurekamome
@RyokoN

If you dont understand, broken link, errors, please reply

i have TWRP will the install work ?
17th November 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #128