Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[FIX TESTED AND WORKING!] 4.2.2,4.3 AND 4.4.2!!! WIFI, GPS, IMEI & Baseband repair

OP TransformixS4

5th August 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #61  
Flag nuevo leon
Thanks Meter: 665

2,212 posts
More
Siii estoy en mexico monterrey

Enviado desde mi SM-G900A mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mataflakitas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2014, 01:38 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 10

138 posts
More
Hello. I am on the NE3 firmware for my AT&T Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-i537).

I used this guide to install the MF1 modem to my phone via Odin 3.07. Everything went smoothly and I instantly noticed an improvement in cellular data performance. Things just load faster. WiFi is about the same as it was, which can be a little spotty compared to the 4.2.2 firmwares. It's been that way since the 4.3 ML2 update.

The big problem I'm having (and I noticed something like this with ML2 and NE3) is that my Jabra SP700 Bluetooth car kit kills the phone audio (no sending or receiving) after the first call I take or make. I'm not even sure if it's connecting or not as it doesn't ring, I can't hear anyone, and they can't hear me. Rebooting the phone is the only thing that seems to fix it.

I have a few questions on this.

1. The modem shouldn't have any effect on the Bluetooth functionality, correct? Any problem with that would be related to other parts of the firmware, right?

2. Is WiFi controlled by the modem?

3. Did MF3 use the same modem as MF1? I recall that firmware being the best in terms of cellular data and WiFi performance.

4. If I wanted to revert the changes and go back to the NE3 modem, would I just flash the CP part of the firmware back using Odin? Or does that include more than just the modem?

Thanks!
13th August 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #63  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 184

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBouncer

Hello. I am on the NE3 firmware for my AT&T Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-i537).

I used this guide to install the MF1 modem to my phone via Odin 3.07. Everything went smoothly and I instantly noticed an improvement in cellular data performance. Things just load faster. WiFi is about the same as it was, which can be a little spotty compared to the 4.2.2 firmwares. It's been that way since the 4.3 ML2 update.

The big problem I'm having (and I noticed something like this with ML2 and NE3) is that my Jabra SP700 Bluetooth car kit kills the phone audio (no sending or receiving) after the first call I take or make. I'm not even sure if it's connecting or not as it doesn't ring, I can't hear anyone, and they can't hear me. Rebooting the phone is the only thing that seems to fix it.

I have a few questions on this.

1. The modem shouldn't have any effect on the Bluetooth functionality, correct? Any problem with that would be related to other parts of the firmware, right?

2. Is WiFi controlled by the modem?

3. Did MF3 use the same modem as MF1? I recall that firmware being the best in terms of cellular data and WiFi performance.

4. If I wanted to revert the changes and go back to the NE3 modem, would I just flash the CP part of the firmware back using Odin? Or does that include more than just the modem?

Thanks!

I don't think it has to do with the modem.
Does your car kit have Bluetooth 4? if so I guess you need android 4.3+ modem not MF1.
MF3 did not use the same modem but MF2 did with the MF2 name in the system.
You can try to flash like this:
Attach the CSC first then the CP then flash. And if that won't work I guess you'll need to attach the CSC then CP then AP.
Good Luck!
-TransformixS4
13th August 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 10

138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformixS4

I don't think it has to do with the modem.
Does your car kit have Bluetooth 4? if so I guess you need android 4.3+ modem not MF1.
MF3 did not use the same modem but MF2 did with the MF2 name in the system.
You can try to flash like this:
Attach the CSC first then the CP then flash. And if that won't work I guess you'll need to attach the CSC then CP then AP.
Good Luck!
-TransformixS4

The SP700 is OLD. I've had it for years. It's only Bluetooth 1.1 and just barely supports A2DP (but I have Media disabled on it and I've tested with and without this setting and it makes no difference). It worked great with MF3, but has had problems since ML2 and is just broken now with NE3. Maybe it's just time I replace it outright. I still think this is stupid and wish I could just get MF3 back.

Last night I used 7-Zip and extracted the modem.bin from the NE3 CP Odin file and reflashed that. Baseband now shows NE3 again. I managed to get two Bluetooth calls before it broke again. Yay progress.

Thanks for the help, though.

EDIT:
I also have a Jabra BT620s that uses Bluetooth 1.2 that I will further test with. I'm also debating wiping the phone outright to make sure there isn't a problem, but that is such a pain and Samsung and Google keep making it harder and harder to preserve my data when I do so. So I'm saving that as a last resort. All else fails, I'm going to AT&T to see what they will do about it. We'll see how it goes.

EDIT2:
Same results with the BT620s. First call works fine. After that, all call audio is dead. I'm going to backup everything and reflash stock NE3 on it to wipe everything and then test again. It's the only way I can be absolutely sure it's not something I installed.

EDIT3:
It appears that flashing back to stock has corrected the bluetooth issue as far as I can tell. Now comes the hard part of slowly reinstalling my apps to see if one of them caused the problem. This is going to take some time. Thanks again for the help, though!
Last edited by MechaBouncer; 15th August 2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Additional info
7th September 2014, 03:38 AM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
I have NE3, and my phone shows no imei when I check using *#06#...

Does this works on NE3? and how do I exactly flash the files? I'm new to all this..
The Following User Says Thank You to AldoBrea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd October 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
tried everything...i mess up with 9090 option one and i lost wifi.i reflashed any kind of firmware.now i have wifi working and phone connected to the carrier,but if i receive a call it takes so long to get to the gui of the phone app that after one minute the caller hangs off.if i try to make a call ,after pressing the green call button it takes more than a minute to go to the phone app and it disconnects the call itself...
please save me
i537
i537ucuamf1
kernel 3.4.0-2244695
jss15j.i537ucubml2

thank you
10th November 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #67  
Flag Bradenton
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Samsung SGH-I537 S4 A
hello i am new to the forum as of today but i have been roaming around it for like the past week a few of the threads have helped me out tremendously. only question i have on this thread is that do i run the NON-HLOS.bin file in Odin first then after the restart turn around and run the Modem.bin file right afterwards to get it to work correctly or only run the Modem.bin file if the NON-HLOS.bin file doesnt work?

thank you for any help that is handed down.
10th November 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #68  
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 387

1,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip316

hello i am new to the forum as of today but i have been roaming around it for like the past week a few of the threads have helped me out tremendously. only question i have on this thread is that do i run the NON-HLOS.bin file in Odin first then after the restart turn around and run the Modem.bin file right afterwards to get it to work correctly or only run the Modem.bin file if the NON-HLOS.bin file doesnt work?

thank you for any help that is handed down.

It doesn't matter which one you flash first. modem.bin is your cellular modem including 2G/3G, GPS, and Bluetooth. NON-HLOS.bin contains the 4G/LTE modem and some other files. They contain different types of wireless communication, so theoretically it shouldn't matter in what order you flash them. That said you should only use the NON-HLOS.bin version that matches your firmware, it does some other things in there that will cause wireless communications to get messed up if you use a different one. You can flash any modem.bin file on any firmware and you should be ok.

Also, other users have reported that you need to flash the modem files twice without rebooting to get them to stick. Good luck and let us know if you are able to get it to work.
Last edited by Devo7v; 10th November 2014 at 03:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Devo7v For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th November 2014, 04:57 AM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 2

47 posts
Does this work on galaxy note 10.1??

Sent from my Xperia Acro S using Tapatalk
17th November 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #70  
OP Senior Member
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 184

486 posts
More