Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][All-F2FS]KitKat 4.4.4 KTU84P stock odex All-F2FS

OP Monfro

13th November 2014, 09:07 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 46

516 posts
Will there be an f2fs stock lollipop soon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
14th November 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #62  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mantova (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 963

1,102 posts
More
I am really disappointed with Lollipop 5.0 official release.
It is clearly in beta stage, not ready for daily use.

Speaking about Nexus 9 and 6 a lot of reviewers pointed out that sometimes these devices gets laggy: seems clear that Lollipop is to blame.

Google was not ready to release it, but they had to...
Maybe Lollipop is well optimized for Snapdragon 800/801/805 (and maybe also 400/600, since Snapdragon chipset is used by Google since Nexus 4), but for sure it is not working well on Tegra 3.

To make some comparisons I am now running on my Nexus 7 stock 4.3 ROM: it really flies also with stock kernel, and battery life is good.
KitKat release lost both in performance and battery fields compared to 4.3, but is still working well.
Lollipop is unusable.

For sure Google will work hard on Lollipop, releasing 5.1, 5.2..
Until then I suggest to stick with 4.4.4 f2fs or with 4.3 (probably the best Android version for this tablet).
The Following User Says Thank You to Monfro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2014, 12:41 AM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 37

179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monfro

Speaking about Nexus 9 and 6 a lot of reviewers pointed out that sometimes these devices gets laggy: seems clear that Lollipop is to blame.

Maybe Lollipop is well optimized for Snapdragon 800/801/805 (and maybe also 400/600, since Snapdragon chipset is used by Google since Nexus 4), but for sure it is not working well on Tegra 3.

To make some comparisons I am now running on my Nexus 7 stock 4.3 ROM: it really flies also with stock kernel, and battery life is good.
KitKat release lost both in performance and battery fields compared to 4.3, but is still working well.
Lollipop is unusable.

Until then I suggest to stick with 4.4.4 f2fs or with 4.3 (probably the best Android version for this tablet).

Jelly Bean was the best release for the N7, I don't know what changed so drastically but every time I go back to JB it flies.

Loli def has better scrolling performance than Kitkat though, it seems better all around performance and battery wise on my unit than stock Kitkat and almost as fast as stock Kitkat with f2fs.
15th November 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 1,660

2,381 posts
More
Quote:

Lollipop is unusable.

I have the best performance with lollipop, better than kitkat and jelly bean. Try to factory reset afer you flash it
15th November 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #65  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mantova (Italy)
Thanks Meter: 963

1,102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerSlacker

Jelly Bean was the best release for the N7, I don't know what changed so drastically but every time I go back to JB it flies.

Loli def has better scrolling performance than Kitkat though, it seems better all around performance and battery wise on my unit than stock Kitkat and almost as fast as stock Kitkat with f2fs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrCraft

I have the best performance with lollipop, better than kitkat and jelly bean. Try to factory reset afer you flash it

Switching and opening apps is slower in Lollipop, but I agree that when the app is open it runs faster than any other Android release.
Also Lollipop's benchmarks are better.

But if you multitask a lot, using it is a pain.
I always listen to Google Play Music or watch a YouTube video in a Viral Player window + browse Chrome/Facebook/Tapatalk and maybe other.
For my needs ATM Lollipop is not the best Android version to use (on Nexus 7 2012).
Probably it is working well with Snapdragon's processors, but not so well on Tegra 3.
18th November 2014, 01:42 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Talking
Quote:

Lollipop is unusable.

This is exactly how I feel about 5.0. And exactly what I did. I was coming back to this thread to click the Thank button
18th November 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #67  
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 4

57 posts
More
I did everything per the instructions (the same order of operations etc etc), and still i see the android logo (i flashed the rom from the 2nd post)i.e. it doesn't boot into the system, just sits there on the bootlogo. What am i doing wrong ?

P.S. In the recovery, it did say that it was unable to mount cache , but i went through the whole thing anyway.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread