Ask a question

No registration required

LiveView reverse-engineering effort

OP archivator

4th November 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #1051  
Thanks Meter: 10

62 posts
More
Hi everyone, i have just bought an used sony ericsson liveview and it seems amazing! works with my lg g2 but i have the trouble of frequent disconnection...so i tried to update the liveview but the update service is no more online...a message says me to use pc companion app from sony...but there is no possibility to update the liveview as it is too old (imho)...

how can i update it so that i can solve the problem of disconnection?? please help this is really an amazing device!
4th November 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #1052  
Thanks Meter: 92

397 posts
More
It's basically rubbish. I hope you didn't pay much for it.
5th November 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #1053  

62 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samjam

yes i paid only 25 euros...but for a such low price the device is really cool! and works quite fine until now.... i have partially solved the problem with the liveview manager app on play store but i still wish to upate it
5th November 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #1054  
Flag Apeldoorn
Thanks Meter: 500

502 posts
More
search this thread for liveview apps (v0.5). These apps are a result from developers that re-engineered communication between liveview and phone.
The disconnect problem is solved in this app, and it has the same basic functionality as sony has made.
But further development seemed to have stopped.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

ps: no need for firmware updates on the device. Just use this app instead of sony's liveview-app.
5th November 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #1055  
Flag valencia
Thanks Meter: 8

75 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimategeppie

search this thread for liveview apps (v0.5). These apps are a result from developers that re-engineered communication between liveview and phone.
The disconnect problem is solved in this app, and it has the same basic functionality as sony has made.
But further development seemed to have stopped.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

ps: no need for firmware updates on the device. Just use this app instead of sony's liveview-app.

I tried the app and it's so cool. But it doesn't have plugins like Sony app.

GT-I9300 LiquidSmooth v.3.2 - 4.4.4
Base: I9300BUUGMK1
Kernel: Boeffla 2.4 beta
Recovery: Team win recovery project 2.8
5th November 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #1056  
Flag Apeldoorn
Thanks Meter: 500

502 posts
More
True.
it's a choice between plugins and disconnects.
This why it's buggy.

Nonetheless it's great that people have done this and came so far!! But with all the new smartwatches my liveview is lying in a corner, doing nothing.
5th November 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #1057  

62 posts
More
i have to say that, for the use that i wanted ( to know who the hell i calling me every single f...ing time i move with my motorcycle) it is really usefull... in my opinion it is useless to have a quad core device with amazing graphics and capable of grat game at your wrist...i allready have the phone for that!

my only wish is to update it to the last version of firmware so that i know that it is at his best...
18th November 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #1058  
Thanks Meter: 182

124 posts
Donate to Me
More
Jep, it's dead
I haven't used the liveview in a loooong time (since the wristband broke).
For the people who still want to play with their liveview there is some usefull information available in this topic, but I strongly recommend new users to look for another device.

Another final thanks to everyone who has helped with making our Liveviews more usefull.

(everyone who wants to can still contact me if you want me to put a link to your repo in the google code project page or if you want me to take my version of the app down from google play, so you can publish your version)

I think the next step for me will be finding a newer smartwatch that costs less than 25 euro.

Greetings,
Renze Nicolai
The Following User Says Thank You to renzenicolai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2014, 10:35 AM   |  #1059  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 97

231 posts
More
From what I remember, the LiveView was the only smartwatch which could be paired with a PC and then controlled via a Python script. So it can have a great afterlife as a server status monitor or notification display for your desktop PC.
18th November 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #1060  
Thanks Meter: 3

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by samjam

I have one, and cannot agree on that. As a watch it sucks, but it is not really a watch. It is basic notification device/display. And in a such capacity it is quite OK for a price. Calls, SMS, gmail notifications and meetings it works just fine, and I have no problems with disconnects (lucky me
Personally, I will date for Moto 360 second edition before dumping mine LiveView.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
github, livelierview, liveview, reverse-engineer
Previous Thread Next Thread