Ask a question

No registration required

[IMG][ND8] Kitkat Debrick images

OP CNexus

21st July 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 6

15 posts
More
Oh, hell, yes, this worked! Bricked this morning after running Liquidsmooth 4.4.4. but wanting to try one more (incompatible) rom before I left the house. I was ready to give up when I found this and some other threads on this topic. I didn't think it would work! After years of rooting (though less flashing than modded stock), a really good looking rom (for the i9300, whoops) turned off my ADHD brain and I flashed a hard brick. Could not believe my idiocy to flash something as I was rushing to get out the door. Never bricked before but that was one hell of a brick to start with! I downloaded both images from the op and the cnexus one did it for me. I actually had an old 16gb class 10 in my son's cell (perfect), used Win32DiskImage in Win7 (no linux or cygwin) to flash it. I did get the 62.?mb/21mb petition size in windows, even after partition commander wiped it but, after reading up on what the system is looking for, I tried it and it worked on the second flash. It tried to boot the system at first (bootloop), then booted recovery for about a second before booting into a loop again. After that a couple of times, I plugged it in to the usb on the laptop, went to download mode again and it stuck! Odin'ed back to stock and have a clean slate! About 12 hours of research and 15 minutes of work! Many thanks to, CNexus, thenexusgeneration, DR_CDMA, gTan64, DeBricker, NC Mobile and everyone in the same boat, asking and answering questions. Crisis recovered, Whoo! This community is amazing. Thanks, all!
Last edited by ecopunk; 21st July 2014 at 02:25 PM. Reason: typos
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ecopunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #42  
Lancaster
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
More
finally!
Dude! I spent literally dozens of hours and different images to get out of this hard brick situation and your image file was finally the one that worked. Sprint s3 hard bricked after trying to boot back to stock with count reset. Jig failed, probably 20 different boot images failed and now I can boot! Thank you thank you thank you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smaxfitness For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
debrick, kitkat, kitkat debrick, sgs3, sprint
Previous Thread Next Thread