Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] unable to turn on wifi, after installing pre rooted kitkat 4.4.2 on gt-n7100

OP ArabGeek

22nd June 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #21  
Flag Hull
Thanks Meter: 914

4,170 posts
It's because of your bootloader. If you would have done a simple search for "wifi fix" you would have found various topics on this and how to fix.

Flash the modded bootoader via Odin (no knox) or flash to latest official rom (will enable knox).
22nd June 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #22  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 74

493 posts
I flashed the ND3 bootloader. Fixed everything.
22nd June 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #23  
OP Junior Member
Flag Muscat
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST

It's because of your bootloader. If you would have done a simple search for "wifi fix" you would have found various topics on this and how to fix.

Flash the modded bootoader via Odin (no knox) or flash to latest official rom (will enable knox).

What you exactly mean by modd ed boot-oader ? Never found this in search . Can you explain ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd June 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #24  
OP Junior Member
Flag Muscat

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87

The one i bolded is your culprit.You need to flash MJ5 or ND3 bootloader to get your wifi working.Alternative is flash a custom kernel like Nadia or Agni for 4.4.2 and you'll have working wifi.I'll put links below for each of them.Good luck.

nd3 bootloader

mj5 bootloader

how to flash bootloader via odin

Nadia Kernel

Agni Kernel

So difference between MJ5 and ND3 bootloader is that MJ5 is knox free bootloader so warranty will not be void and you can downgrade back to 4.1.2 if needed but you wont be able to charge your phone by turning it off it wil power back on.ND3 bootloader is KNOXED so warranty will be void,knox will be 0x1(no way to reset it yet) but phone can be charged by turning it off.Also once you flash ND3 bootloader you can only go back as far as 4.3 ROM not 4.1.2.

If you don't decide to upgrade your bootloader and stick to your current one which is MB4 you won't be able to charge your phone.FLashing a custom kernel instead you'd be able to get wifi working again.Also if you flash ND3 bootloader you cannot downgrade your bootlader than means you cant go back to MJ5 or MB4 it will just fail in odin or worse brick your device since bootloaders are flashed onto the motherboard of our phones.So if you flash MJ5 first you can easily upgrade to ND3 later if you feel but not vice versa.Good luck

Bro after flashing bootloader to ND3 my samsung gear 2 neo will work also ? And bluetooth headset ? Just want to confirm before i go for ND3

23rd June 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 1,748

2,877 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabGeek

Bro after flashing bootloader to ND3 my samsung gear 2 neo will work also ? And bluetooth headset ? Just want to confirm before i go for ND3

It should although I don't have samsung gear to confirm it but if Bluetooth on your phone works then you should be able to hook up your gear.
19th November 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #26  

1 posts
Flash a new bootloader
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdaackda

I've tried MANY ROM sNOW.. Phantom, Omega.. even gave SlimRom a chance.

WIFI and Bluetooth are JUST NOT WORKING!! Its not about Disconnection.. THEY JUST DONT TURN ON (in sammy based roms *#0011* does show wifi to be ok!?

I tried to upgrade bootloader (dr. ketan) to kitkat version (his post #5). Also tried the other "patch" on Omegas first post (by dr ketan i think) using Odin.. that didnt work!!

Anything else!! Feel like throwing this off the balcony.. urghhh

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Had the exact same problem... Flashed a new bootloader image and it is working fine now

I am a new user so cannot post external links, but if you search google for the following bootloader you will be able to find it and download it: BL_N7100XXUEMJ5_1903221_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md 5

To flash the bootloader, use Odin. If you havenít done this before, hereís the procedure:

Open Odin
Put your phone in Download Mode (Turn off your Note 2 and hold the Volume down, Power, and Home buttons at the same time).
Connect your Note 2 to your PC and wait for Odin to recognize it.
Enable only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
Press the Bootloader button and select your MJ5 bootloader firmware you downloaded above.
Press the start button and wait for your device to restart.

UK GT-N7100 Note 2 4.4.2 working wine for me now anyway, hope this helps...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread