Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[GUIDE] how to root & unlock droid razr m (XT907) on 4.4.2 kitkat

OP PrankCallPimp

26th June 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 4
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Hey, I put together this video for anyone trying to unlock the bootloader and root their droid razr m on kitkat 4.4.2

Good Luck

youtube . com / watch?v=vBUaQ8Kpji4
The Following User Says Thank You to PrankCallPimp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Ok I've been trying to root my droid razr m for 2 days now with no success. it's currently running 4.4.2 sys ver 182.46.15.XT907 Kernel 3.4.42
So far Towel Root tells me my phone isn't supported or the other version of Towel Root I found just freezes. I've been trying to flash my phone back to stock Kit Kat but RSD doesn't recognize my device. Does anyone have any idea what to try next?
15th September 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #3  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
I do apologize but at this time 182/183.46.15 can not be rooted with out an unlocked boot loader

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.
16th September 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Ok so far everything I have seen requires the phone to be rooted before you can unlock the boot loader so isn't that pretty much a catch 22? I've also tried to flash the phone to stock kit kat but for whatever reason RSD will not recognize my phone. Can you at least point me in some sort of direction here
16th September 2014, 12:53 AM   |  #5  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254
 
680 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
The exploit for unlocking the boot loader has been patched...and you can not down grade with rsd unless your boot loader is unlocked you are pretty much stuck with a unrooted RAZR M if you are on the .15 update with a locked boot loader... You may soft brick or even brick your device if you attempt to downgrade with rsd... What are you wanting to flash with rsd?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.
15th November 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
downgrade
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezknives

The exploit for unlocking the boot loader has been patched...and you can not down grade with rsd unless your boot loader is unlocked you are pretty much stuck with a unrooted RAZR M if you are on the .15 update with a locked boot loader... You may soft brick or even brick your device if you attempt to downgrade with rsd... What are you wanting to flash with rsd?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Hello,
I have a question,
When I had the jelly bean I unlocked the bootloader.
After the OTA 4.2.2 and the .15 update, I lost root, but I am not sure if is safe to use the RSD to downgrade.
When I turn on the phone I dont have the unlocked starting message, but if I go to fast boot, I see the code 3, unlocked.
Could you please let me know if I could use the RSD to downgrade, with no risk of bricking the phone?

I have to block the fast dormancy process becaouse I am out of USA, and this process is causing me issues, ( random re boots, battery drain etc).

Thanks
15th November 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #7  
ATTACK's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 1,806
 
1,355 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by fariddergal

Hello,
I have a question,
When I had the jelly bean I unlocked the bootloader.
After the OTA 4.2.2 and the .15 update, I lost root, but I am not sure if is safe to use the RSD to downgrade.
When I turn on the phone I dont have the unlocked starting message, but if I go to fast boot, I see the code 3, unlocked.
Could you please let me know if I could use the RSD to downgrade, with no risk of bricking the phone?

I have to block the fast dormancy process becaouse I am out of USA, and this process is causing me issues, ( random re boots, battery drain etc).

Thanks

Flash a custom recovery then flash superuser.

> http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...nlock-t2869432
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTACK

Flash a custom recovery then flash superuser.

> http://forum.xda-developers.com/droi...nlock-t2869432

Hello ATTACK,

I tried to follow the procedure, but looks like some of the links are not updated like the super user zip.
I could install better jellybean using RSD, do you think it is safe?

Thanks
16th November 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #9  
RikRong's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 475
 
1,314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fariddergal

Hello ATTACK,

I tried to follow the procedure, but looks like some of the links are not updated like the super user zip.
I could install better jellybean using RSD, do you think it is safe?

Thanks

The SU zip can be easily found with a quick search on XDA.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
20th November 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #10  
rahimali's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 287
 
739 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
this is usually where i get my supersu fix

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes