18th November 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #1681  
Flag Cheswick
Thanks Meter: 4

31 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

In a couple of days I will make some video tut's in spoken English for all the guys coming from Windows OS while it's still fresh in my own mind to try resolve all the plea's for help.
@pressagny27 What's your current OS and PC Spec's I will try tailor it toward you.

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

It did but I was too quick on the Enter key

I use Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack one. I really appreciate all you guys help.
18th November 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #1682  
Flag huddersfield
Thanks Meter: 196

461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pressagny27

I use Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack one. I really appreciate all you guys help.

That's cool same as me
It should simplify things anyway.
Things I will show you.
1, Prepare your PC to install Linux on a partition using windows tools.
Trust me It's quicker easier and safer to just do a dual boot setup than mess with all the VM's, iso's etc etc which just cause no end problems.
For the Demo I will Use a Linux distro called Zorin which is based on Ubuntu. Coming from windows you will find it has a very familiar feel and look to it.
http://zorin-os.com/ Check it out I defo recommend it. But you can use what works best for you.

2, I will show you how to make a few tweaks to the Linux distro for ease of use.

3, How to install ArchiKitchen A quick tour of the kitchen and how to get your phone automatically detected by the kitchen plus other stuff.

Please give me a couple of day's as work get's in the way of my play time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigrammy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th November 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #1683  
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
Note 4
JustArchi please support Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F Snapdragon wersion
19th November 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #1684  
Flag IHB
Thanks Meter: 2,553

2,233 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman franas

Thats not how this works. Works one of 2 ways, give him the info needed after you confirmed it works for your device, or after confirming it works for your device, push your changes to github and submit a pull request to Archi.
19th November 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #1685  
The Land of Whatever
Thanks Meter: 16,615

6,699 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

its the same as nexus 5 for boot.img (and s4 and note 3 for what is worth)
"/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot"
The Following User Says Thank You to friedrich420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 01:19 AM   |  #1686  
Flag Sunshine Coast, Australia
Thanks Meter: 6,495

2,233 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by friedrich420

its the same as nexus 5 for boot.img (and s4 and note 3 for what is worth)
"/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot"

Well, same as snapdragon versions anyway
Yesterday, 01:23 AM   |  #1687  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 25,226

7,170 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySide

Thats not how this works. Works one of 2 ways, give him the info needed after you confirmed it works for your device, or after confirming it works for your device, push your changes to github and submit a pull request to Archi.

As above.

There's no problem in updating the database, it's as simple as creating one folder with three files inside. The question is if kitchen properly supports your device, because this is the main reason for defining a device in the kitchen itself.

This way, user knows whether kitchen has been tested with his device, or not (yet).

And I'm not adding any device without required information and confirmation that kitchen works properly with that device. In fact, users should send pull requests, as knowledge how github works helps not only with this project. But this is not a requirement, the requirement is that kitchen has been tested on that device and you give required information.
Last edited by JustArchi; Yesterday at 01:27 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustArchi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:27 PM   |  #1688  
Flag La Fortuna
Thanks Meter: 1,094

799 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustArchi

As above.

There's no problem in updating the database, it's as simple as creating one folder with three files inside. The question is if kitchen properly supports your device, because this is the main reason for defining a device in the kitchen itself.

This way, user knows whether kitchen has been tested with his device, or not (yet).

And I'm not adding any device without required information and confirmation that kitchen works properly with that device. In fact, users should send pull requests, as knowledge how github works helps not only with this project. But this is not a requirement, the requirement is that kitchen has been tested on that device and you give required information.

I added MY SM- N910h to the kitchen
Yesterday, 06:25 PM   |  #1689  
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrammy

Hopefully Shiny is correct
But if not Frozen I suspect you may have some missing sys links or permissions that are specific to your Nokia Dual sim.
Try find a OTA update.zip for the same phone as yours so you can check and compare the updater-script's for any missing probably SoC based links/permissions.
You will probably find that any phone with the same dual sim SoC has probably got the same SoC specific links/permissions as yours. So try find a few so you can compare there updater-scripts and look for a common link/permission that's contained in them all then add them to your builds.
It's Like that for the MTK SoC anyway
Good Luck with the search.

Thanks bigrammy
Last edited by FrozenTears; Yesterday at 11:08 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to FrozenTears For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dsixda kitchen justarchi android chef
Previous Thread Next Thread