Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[REQ] Themer multi dpi

OP masze

28th May 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 1,582

1,374 posts
More
Any chance that "Themer" will support multi dpi.
Im running a note3 on 360dpi (noway i going back to crappy 480dpi).
29th May 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masze

+1
30th May 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #3  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 452

986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masze

Hi, Themer will only look into custom DPI support in the future, as right now it's an extremely intense feature to implement. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sweden
Thanks Meter: 1,582

1,374 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

Hi, Themer will only look into custom DPI support in the future, as right now it's an extremely intense feature to implement. We apologize for the inconvenience.

thanks for answer!

(*reach my 8 thanks limit for today)
19th November 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #5  
Breda
Thanks Meter: 162

844 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Any thoughts about multi DPI at the moment? It is the only thing holding me back from using themer as my daily launcher... .. .
20th November 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #6  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 452

986 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmatproton

Any thoughts about multi DPI at the moment? It is the only thing holding me back from using themer as my daily launcher... .. .

Hi,

Unfortunately this is one of the hardest problems to overcome. Themer's internal structure works very differently compared to other launchers (such as Nova) meaning that even adding something seemingly simply like transparent notification and navigation bars is immensely difficult. Multi DPI is even harder to implement, and that mixed with the percentage of users who have multi DPI enabled on their phone puts it on our to-do list, but not very high up.

Once we have more resources however we'll definitely look at what can be done. We are working on ways, it just takes a very long time. Sorry about that!

- Marco
20th November 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #7  
Breda
Thanks Meter: 162

844 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Hi,

Unfortunately this is one of the hardest problems to overcome. Themer's internal structure works very differently compared to other launchers (such as Nova) meaning that even adding something seemingly simply like transparent notification and navigation bars is immensely difficult. Multi DPI is even harder to implement, and that mixed with the percentage of users who have multi DPI enabled on their phone puts it on our to-do list, but not very high up.

Once we have more resources however we'll definitely look at what can be done. We are working on ways, it just takes a very long time. Sorry about that!

- Marco

Thnx for your nice explanation. It is a great piece of software already. Multi DPI would be awesome!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread