FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Snopow M8 - root and OTA fix

31st October 2014, 04:28 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, what did you do for a firmware on the Snopow? There are now many differences with the NVRAM, G-APPs, etc. Even the battery life is htat since changed.

20th November 2014, 09:33 PM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Sign
Phone finally came back. Flashlight fixed. They even noticed broken screw that I overtightened and fixed that also.
As for long wait time - it turned out that it was held by customs most of the time on the border.
So their tech service is good. Keep it this way guys
But today I sold it, making room for CAT S50.

Would I recommend this phone?
Well, It was the most annoying phone I've ever owned. Early revision ROM was to blame - I had early V4 version while current is V39. The guy I sold the phone to had access to some old Windows machine so we upgraded to V31 2014-08-01, which is considered most stable. And phone got way better in literally every aspect! So they are improving.

BTW: They don't really upload new ROMs to ota.mediatek.com server. Phone connects there but they do not use it. Too bad, because most negative feedback could be avoided by providing updates. If you buy this phone you are on your own to find new firmware on Russian forum and figure out SP FlashTool process in case of bugs.

Good bye Snopow users.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread