No registration required

[ROM][P900] Stock, Rooted, Deodexed

OP jasongwatts

20th November 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #71  
Flag Agde (France)
Thanks Meter: 11

104 posts
More
Having OTA on Samsung device need to be on stock room .
But to install new rom you can find them at Sammobile.com, flash it with Odin .
Then you can install a custom recovery with Odin and root it (after root delete all Knox app which make the rom instable).
The stock rom don't wipe your datas.

To install custom rom use a custom recovery (TWRP or CWM).
Very often custom rom need to wipe your datas to have a clean install !
21st November 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #72  
Thanks Meter: 95

340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenMSmith

This is my 1st non-Nexus Samsung device, so I'm new to Knox and the Samsung bootloader, etc. I root and install TWRP on every device I have, and I've been reading the forums on how to do this for my new Note Pro 12.2. I don't care about custom ROMs, I only care about Nandroid backups and Titanium Backups.

This sounds like the easy way to the end -- I just install TWRP via Odin and can I just flash this stock ROM, I will be rooted, de-knoxed (still not sure how important that is), and good to go. Is that correct? A couple questions:

1) Is this the latest OTA update avaible for this device

2) What is the process for applying future updates? For Nexus (Samsung and anyone else) I would restore the stock recovery, then take the OTA update, then re-root and/or re-install TWRP. How do future OTA updates work after installing this ROM? Do I need to wait for someone like you to create another stock rooted ROM and then apply it via TWRP?

Thanks,
Steve

1) No. This is an old, completely unsupported ROM. Do not use this. It does not function properly.

2) OTA is available through the method you mentioned (flash stock, get OTA, then root once root is available.)....Except don't install this ROM.

But really, no OTAs have been released recently and I've not heard of any future planned updates, so....Go with Gatsrom.
The Following User Says Thank You to ExtremeRyno For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread