[Android 4+][App] Talon for Twitter

OP klinkdawg24

22nd October 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #551  
Thanks Meter: 2

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhahalee

The app is delisted on mine. Just did a factory reset (not because of this no worries).

Managed to install it via web url linked to Play Store.

But unable to login as it is "unable to authenticate any more users at this time".

Okay...I paid for it. So.....

Talon is out of the Play Store, it reached the token limit. The developer has released Talon Plus .

Unfortunatly for everyone it's not worth to buy Twitter apps. The best is to stick with the official or believe in the good faith of developers who still develop third party for free.
22nd October 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #552  
Thanks Meter: 326

1,338 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewhahalee

The app is delisted on mine. Just did a factory reset (not because of this no worries).

Managed to install it via web url linked to Play Store.

But unable to login as it is "unable to authenticate any more users at this time".

Okay...I paid for it. So.....

When you try to log in you'll see a link in the upper right that says " sign in". Click that and go through the log in... It will take you to mobile twitter, which is a little weird. When you see that, press back a few times. The first one or two times it will keep showing the mobile twitter site, but eventually you'll get a screen that asks you to authorize Talon on your twitter account. When you authorize Talon, the app will then start working normally.
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd October 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #553  
OP Senior Member
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 297

365 posts
More
Sorry I haven't been around all that much lately, between school, a new job, and just managing the apps, I haven't had to much time. It also didn't help that I forgot to install the tapatalk app on my nexus 5 when i went back to the Lollipop preview

Anyways, just want to talk a little about where this app is at and what is going on. As some of you have seen, the app did in fact run out of user tokens. Tokens are twitter's way of limiting the number of users on a 3rd party app, they give each app 100,000 to distribute to its users. Those sure went fast in talon, which is something that I am pretty proud of, but of course a bit sad about as well.

This leads to the login issues. When you try to log in, more than likely you will be faced with a messages saying talon cannot authenticate any more users at this time. Which is correct. However, if you do in fact have a token already, it is only slightly less of a problem. You still have that token, it is yours until you revoke it, but twitter doesn't seem to want to even try to let people log in for some reason unknown to me or anyone else it seems... The token is yours though, so the message says to try again later, and unfortunately that is the only advice that I can give you as well. It seems like every few hours they allow more people to log in again. So you will get in, just keep working at it.

Now for the future of the app. I did release a material redesign, only for Lollipop, onto the play store. You can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...witter_l&hl=en

This app is for lollipop only, and I do not think it will be coming to lower version. I don't want to limit myself by api constraints with this one, and since I have a token limit anyways, the longer i can prolong that, the better it will be for me, as the developer, and you all, as the user.

This new version also allows me to have major incentive to continue developing the old version. They will have very similar feature sets, with design as the key difference. Since the token limit was reached, I have open sourced the classic version of talon. You can find it on my github here: https://github.com/klinker24/Talon-for-Twitter

This is something that I said I was going to do from the beginning and something that I am proud of. Open source is a major step for any project to take, let alone a project as big as talon. Some of the code it pretty good, some... not so much haha remember that I made this as a 19 year old kid with only one high school java class and month into a college java class... So don't judge the code to hard, it works well and, for now, that is what is important. I will probably go through and comment more of it in the future as well.

Check out the readme for what you have to do to get it to work, basically it is just getting your own api keys. I ask that you do not redistribute the builds you make for your own gain though. If you make one and would like to share it, great, that is exactly what it should be for. Do not charge for that build though. I have spent a hard year crafting this app and someone stealing it for a profit would not make me very happy.

So, anyways, that is the future, contribute to it if you would like, otherwise, continue to enjoy what I have created. I might be sad about the token limit, but I am overjoyed about the response I have gotten to it and the support from my users.

Enjoy the app, I will just say that it still has a bright future in front of it.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to klinkdawg24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #554  
Thanks Meter: 15

77 posts
More
What'll happen when the Lollipop version runs out of twitter tokens?
24th October 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #555  
OP Senior Member
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 297

365 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoj0

What'll happen when the Lollipop version runs out of twitter tokens?

I doubt that I will ever release a new version to the play store again. I think at 3.99 and lollipop only though, this version should be alright for quite a while
The Following User Says Thank You to klinkdawg24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th October 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #556  
Thanks Meter: 193

1,011 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klinkdawg24

I doubt that I will ever release a new version to the play store again. I think at 3.99 and lollipop only though, this version should be alright for quite a while

Exactly, the majority will take time to get lollipop, and that 3.99 is not the same as 1.99 from the previous one lol
25th October 2014, 04:54 AM   |  #557  
Thanks Meter: 12

76 posts
Just noticed that Talon updates no longer seem to appear directly under the 'Installed' tab in 'My Apps' in the Play store.

To see the update, I had to go under the 'All' tab and find Talon in the list.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using XDA Free mobile app
21st November 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #558  
Flag Kherson
Thanks Meter: 34

167 posts
More
FlymeOS support
Hi all! Can anyone advise how to enter Talon settings on Meizu MX4 running FlymeOS 4.0.4 based on 4.4.2 ?

I just simply have no settings (dots) in interface. Hmm..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S41121-213815.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	159.1 KB
ID:	3026225   Click image for larger version

Name:	S41121-213722.jpg
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	3026226   Click image for larger version

Name:	S41121-172251.jpg