Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE][ML1/NC1/NE1] TW 4.4 and 4.3 Sticky Roll-Up Thread (7-10-14)

OP BadUsername

11th November 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #101  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 783

1,557 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3RO2403

I did a clean install I tried it twice once by just using the wipe and format and the second by deleting rom slot 1 and making it again, the first time was a major bootloop the second time it made it to the main screen but I couldn't connect to wifi it just kept shutting it off so I kept going and I didnt have a chance to get to the home page because android and flashlight kept force closing, so I just reflash Alliance with all its problems. Just sucks that in locked into 4.3 and they can't figure out a way to unlock it. I'm due for a upgrade anyway. But no I didn't install anything other then the rom and I picked stock and tw options in aroma

I'm not very familiar with safestrap, but all your force closures are likely due to whatever is installed in the stock slot.

What I would do is reload the full 4.3 (ml1 I think), reinstall safestrap, and try to install whatever rom you want over the stock rom slot and just forget using rom slots all together. That'll probably fix any kind of conflict your roms are having.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
13th November 2014, 06:11 AM   |  #102  
Statesville
Thanks Meter: 12

150 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

I'm not very familiar with safestrap, but all your force closures are likely due to whatever is installed in the stock slot.

What I would do is reload the full 4.3 (ml1 I think), reinstall safestrap, and try to install whatever rom you want over the stock rom slot and just forget using rom slots all together. That'll probably fix any kind of conflict your roms are having.

so i need to odin flash a 4.3 ML1? then use towelroot to re root then use safestrap to flash over the stock rom slot...couldnt i just flash over the stock rom slot?
13th November 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #103  
OP Senior Member

1,557 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by N3RO2403

so i need to odin flash a 4.3 ML1? then use towelroot to re root then use safestrap to flash over the stock rom slot...couldnt i just flash over the stock rom slot?

Yes, do that first, and do whatever you have to do to delete what's in the rom slot.

20th November 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 3

63 posts
Trying to return to stock
I am running cleanrom 8.1 on android 4.3 with ML1. I am trying to return to completely stock and eventually upgrade to 4.4 OTA since I am not doing much customization these days. I have been reading around, but I am still a little confused with what I should do to completely return to stock (assuming it requires ODIN). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help.
20th November 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #105  
OP Senior Member

1,557 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olufadi1

I am running cleanrom 8.1 on android 4.3 with ML1. I am trying to return to completely stock and eventually upgrade to 4.4 OTA since I am not doing much customization these days. I have been reading around, but I am still a little confused with what I should do to completely return to stock (assuming it requires ODIN). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help.

You need to flash 4.3 stock OTA tar file (look in the 4.3 download list), then take the OTA update. Or you can go directly to 4.4 if you find the 4.4 stock OTA tar file, but I'm pretty sure that link is broken in the 4.4 download list. Someone might have a copy of you ask around.

Or you could probably use the Verizon repair utility to install the most recent rom. The softbrick repair guides has tutorials and links to files you need.

The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 1,621

5,434 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olufadi1

You can download full stock 4.4.2 here http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=SCH-I535
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 3

63 posts
Thanks. Pretty simple. Just didn't want to brick if there was any incompatibilities or something

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread