Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Android Revolution HTC One M8 Sprint?

OP MedfieldMike

6th April 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedfieldMike

Thank you! I did tweet with Mike1986 when I first had trouble, I did say I was trying on Sprint since it said '" All M8 Models in his post and he did not say it was not Sprint Compatible so I assumed it was. All he asked was if I had Sprint boot.img on my phone. I am not sure what that meant and after searching the net and XDA, still don't know and said I would try other sources for help.

It does seem not seem to work on Sprint, I am almost positive I followed all of the steps, unless there is something completely different from M7 Flashing that I am not aware of. Rooting worked like a charm but as I said before, and thank fully so, after flashing, the phone reboots right back to the fastboot.

It does give you a scare at first as it goes completely dead for a few minutes but then finally shows up in Fastboot and can be wiped and the backup can be applied.

I'll keep looking around for info!

Well, enough said for sure.

Thanks all for your input!

Mike

I completely understand, although I read thru that Rom page at least 4 times before flashing and found no indication it was an International Version or as mike1986 usually says, " apart from Sprint" . Even after I spoke with mike1986, still no indication this would not work on Sprint. Hopefully others will find this thread before trying although I had really no trouble recovering from it. Lucky for that I guess. Anyway, thank you for your input as well. Have a great rest of your day!
19th November 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #12  
Flag manila

167 posts
hi,

i also tried flashing ARHD with my sprint m8. both v22 and 22.1, i also get a black screen, if i reboot, it goes straight to the bootloader.

i too, thought it would work since it says all variants, and was not specified that SPRINT is not supported. i even asked, and somebody answered that it is.

even anybody had success installing ARHD on a sprint m8, please share what you did to make it work

thanks
19th November 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 371

547 posts
More
Compatibility is only available through 4.4.3 base or 11.X. 4.4.4 hasn't been built for Verizon or sprint yet, it's possible to boot at 4.4.4 but you'll get no signal
20th November 2014, 04:50 AM   |  #14  
Flag manila

167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjeeeeee

Compatibility is only available through 4.4.3 base or 11.X. 4.4.4 hasn't been built for Verizon or sprint yet, it's possible to boot at 4.4.4 but you'll get no signal

is this indicated in the ARHD thread? do you know if i could still download ARHD with 4.4.3 base? i want to install ARHD, need to try something

thanks
20th November 2014, 05:36 AM   |  #15  

547 posts
More
Yeah still availible via downloads and I've tested the 4.4.4 doesn't get signal even with compatible kernel
20th November 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #16  
Flag manila

167 posts
hi could you please post the link for 4.4.3? i couldnt find it in the downloads page, just ARHD 22.1 which is 4.4.4

thanks
22nd November 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #17  

547 posts
More
http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...e-var.html?m=1
In the HTC one m8 you'll see arhd 22.1 below it you should see arhd 11.2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread