How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

A: Having Problems Rooting the Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900/905? TRY THIS!

OP VenomousViper

18th August 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thank you! I succesfully rooted my SM-P900 after all mentioned problems ( hanging in the cache.img and after a while a disturbed screen etc.) with your guide. I am a very happy rooter now.
29th October 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #12  

1 posts
Thumbs up Thanks,
Thanks to the poster. I tried rooting with the instructions from a few other sites and thought I bricked it,
Followed your instructions, and presto.. Rooted!
9th November 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #13  

1 posts
Rooted!
Thanks for your post. This is my first time ever rooting a device. Your method worked perfectly!
20th November 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Flag Boca Raton
Thanks Meter: 11

45 posts
Donate to Me
More
Talking your welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiecxyz

Thanks for your post. This is my first time ever rooting a device. Your method worked perfectly!

your very welcome! it took me a bit to get it down but i eventually figured it out and at the time information on rooting the device was hard to find with this specific model. then i discovered what the issues where and felt the need to post it! im glad i could help!
22nd November 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Thumbs up Flash SU with TWRP not ODIN
Here's my story...

Received my new UK spec SM-P900 Note Pro 12.2, ran through the initial setup, performed two OTA upgrades to KOT49H.P900XXUANI1, then attempted to flash SU using Odin 3.07 using the various instructions on this forum. Result: failed cache flash and soft brick!

Used Keis 3 to recover the tablet which took two hours! After more reading I discovered the quick boot recovery flash method, so re-attempted on a different PC, with exactly the same result. Re-flashed the boot, tried again, fail, again, fail, etc, etc. Various permutations of PCs, Odin versions and USB ports were tried.

Concluded that the Odin method was NEVER going to work, so had a rethink. Used Odin to flash TWRP v2.8. Downloaded the latest SU-BETA v2.7 flash for TWRP (not Odin), copied it to the root of the tablet SD and then flashed it with TWRP. Worked first time with no messing about!!!

Booted, ran SU and upgraded to Premium, disabled KNOX from within SU. Tablet locked up. Booted, re-ran SU, disabled KNOX again, this time successfully. Ran Titanium, filtered with KNOX and froze all occurrences, then de-installed KNOX completely.

Lesson learnt... DO NOT use Odin to flash SU on a P900 !
Last edited by Yemble; 22nd November 2014 at 11:23 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread