No registration required

Cube Talk 9X Review - Best Tablet Ever from a Chinese Brand

OP jupiter2012

21st November 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
GPS not working
Hello,

I've got a problem with my Cube 9x. GPS of tablet is not working at all. I tried many fixes with custom Cube ROM, nothing helped. i even flashed freaktab ROM, if it helps to do something and still the same problem. I used GPS test, used MobileUncle Tools, none of thoose can find any satellites so i do have a zero signal and cant even lock the position.

Anyone has any idea, what could be wrong?
21st November 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #102  
Flag Lisboa
Thanks Meter: 72

1,111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomascz65

Hello,

I've got a problem with my Cube 9x. GPS of tablet is not working at all. I tried many fixes with custom Cube ROM, nothing helped. i even flashed freaktab ROM, if it helps to do something and still the same problem. I used GPS test, used MobileUncle Tools, none of thoose can find any satellites so i do have a zero signal and cant even lock the position.

sorry to hear that mate. you should return it in order to exchange it or get it properly repared under warranty.
21st November 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 818

559 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomascz65

Hello,

I'll answer here as well, for other users with the same problem. I had zero signal myself, this is how I fixed it:

If you're rooted, install FasterGPS first and select the region nearest to you. Restart. Install GPSTest from Play Store, select "keep screen on" in options, go outside (sky above you), activate GPS and WLAN, select "clear GPS" in app and wait for several minutes. After some time the first satellites should appear and after some more time your first fix. Afterwards it will be much better and faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to tempdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 112

383 posts
Edit: This post is for Thomascz65

This procedure to fix GPS for MTK devices has been discussed all over the internet and in the XDA and Freaktab forum many and many times... I didn't suggest you yo use it only because you said you had searched for a solution and tried everything...
If this fixed your problem, it means that you haven't done the minimum amount of research on google before you asked for a solution... Or you did it very wrong.

Anyway, I'm glad you have solved your problem and I hope next time you search google before almost sending device back to China...
Last edited by eteles; 22nd November 2014 at 08:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eteles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 03:09 PM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Thanks for the Update
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cube talk 9x, mali-450mp, octa-core, retina display, u65gt
Previous Thread Next Thread