No registration required

[RECOVERY][m8wlv] TWRP 2.8.1.0 touch recovery [2014-10-29]

OP Dees_Troy

3rd November 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaxon2

Correct, dev/block/mmcblk0p43 is the boot patition. dev/block/mmcblk0p44 is the recovery partition. TWRP Manager v7.3.9 which is the latest from the play store writes to boot partition dev/block/mmcblk0p43 for the Verizon m8, causing users to only boot into recovery.

The website http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/226 has the correct partition listed. Just not the app.

I'm just trying to warn users cause the ones that usually use apps like TWRP manager are not familiar with fastboot or flashing from sdcard. I''ve sen quite a few posts lately about only booting into recovery after installing TWRP recovery. Then they assume it is the recovery's fault when it is not. TWRP Recovery is awesome, TWRP Manager just needs updated.

I wish I had read this thread before I used TWRP manager. Anyway, I tried to update, it booted into recovery, had no operating system. I was able to get to the bootloader screen, selected boot to recovery, and 2.7 came back and I was able
to restore a backup. Everything seems to be OK at this point. Do I have to worry about having flashed to the wrong partition or did restoring the backup take care of that? If not, is there something to do to fix the boot partition?

Thanks!
3rd November 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #272  
Flag Lock Haven, PA
Thanks Meter: 84

248 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryatapproved

I wish I had read this thread before I used TWRP manager. Anyway, I tried to update, it booted into recovery, had no operating system. I was able to get to the bootloader screen, selected boot to recovery, and 2.7 came back and I was able
to restore a backup. Everything seems to be OK at this point. Do I have to worry about having flashed to the wrong partition or did restoring the backup take care of that? If not, is there something to do to fix the boot partition?

Thanks!

If everything is working then you should be fine. Restoring a backup will write the information to the correct partitions.
3rd November 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #273  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsaxon2

If everything is working then you should be fine. Restoring a backup will write the information to the correct partitions.

Thank you! I guess I was lucky to be able to get back to the earlier version. Whew.
22nd November 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #274  
Thanks Meter: 544

1,339 posts
Anyone have any idea why I can't delete this backup? (the folder itself is empty - it didn't back up properly in the first place for whatever reason). I can't delete it either in TWRP or Root Explorer. I have no problems with any other backups. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416677484618.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	3028318   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1416677509914.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	244.5 KB
ID:	3028322  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread