OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,101

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khord

What does it mean when the green progress bar on the bottom keeps slowly filling and emptying even after I stop ADB and disconnect?

That's called a bug. Do you recall what option started the progress bar? And do you have a log?
21st November 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #312  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

That's called a bug. Do you recall what option started the progress bar? And do you have a log?

I was installing an apk when I think something must happened to the connection, even though it said it was still connected. After I clicked disconnect and reconnected, the apk installed fine 2nd time around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Khord For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st November 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #313  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khord

I was installing an apk when I think something must happened to the connection, even though it said it was still connected. After I clicked disconnect and reconnected, the apk installed fine 2nd time around.

Thanks for the feedback!
22nd November 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #314  
Thanks Meter: 11

133 posts
TVMC
Is adbFire compatible with the new TVMC, Custom XBMC app? By this, I mean can adbFire do things like backup/restore, keymap, Llama... with TVMC. If so, what would the "XBMC package name" be for TVMC in adbFire Preferences?
22nd November 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #315  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbxx

Is adbFire compatible with the new TVMC, Custom XBMC app? By this, I mean can adbFire do things like backup/restore, keymap, Llama... with TVMC. If so, what would the "XBMC package name" be for TVMC in adbFire Preferences?

From adbFire's help:

The Preferences Dialog

Package name, default: org.xbmc.xbmc. This varies depending on what variant of XBMC/Kodi you're running.

If you are running a fork of XBMC/Kodi, enter its package name here, e.g. for SPMC enter "com.semperpax.spmc".

If you are running the Kodi beta, enter "org.xbmc.kodi". This will be the default when Kodi is offically released.

Thus far, SPMC, BeyondXBMC, elmerohueso's XBMC Launcher and Kodi nightlies have been tested with adbFire.

In theory any fork should work if its file directory structure adheres to Kodi/XBMC conventions
(/sdcard/Android/data/packagename/files/.xbmc/.kodi) directory structure.

You will have to edit Llama's events for it to work properly. It calls either xbmc or kodi, depending on what's installed.

Edit: IDK, what the package name for TVMC is, but you can find out by installing it, then clicking the "Uninstall APK button" This will bring up a list of sideloaded package names. Just press cancel when you're finished.

The package name is ag.tvaddons.xbmc. It's otherwise a Gotham 13.2 fork, and adheres to the Gotham directory structure, so all functions with the exception of Llama events (which must be edited), should be OK. Let me know if they're not and I'll investigate further.
Last edited by jocala; 22nd November 2014 at 11:31 PM.
22nd November 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #316  
Thanks Meter: 103

537 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbxx

Don't forget Kodi 14.0 “Helix” alpha 4 has moved usedata too. ( http://kodi.tv/kodi-14-0-helix-alpha-4/ )

Note: Might be that the userdata on Helix Alpha 4 only got moved on Windows. Will need an Alpha 4 user to verify for Android...

Never mind... This has not been implemented on Android...

Quote:

For now only the Windows platforms has this incorporated with the following steps......
Other platforms still need further testing to make this transition as smooth as possible. We will of course keep you up to date when this happens.

Last edited by Y314K; 22nd November 2014 at 06:01 PM.
22nd November 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #317  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y314K

Don't forget Kodi 14.0 “Helix” alpha 4 has moved usedata too. ( http://kodi.tv/kodi-14-0-helix-alpha-4/ )

Note: Might be that the userdata on Helix Alpha 4 only got moved on Windows. Will need an Alpha 4 user to verify for Android...

Never mind... This has not been implemented on Android...

I've been assured here that org.xbmc.kodi is the final kodi package name. AFAIK, no further structure changes are planned for the Android version of Kodi, but if they happen, I'll try to respond quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #318  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
AV False Positives and adbFire
Some AV programs are complaining the adbFire archive is hosting a virus. These are false positives. adbFire is not and never has been a virus carrier. They seem to be complaining about towelroot being present in the archive. Towelroot is geohot's rooting exploit for Fire TVs with firmware < 51.1.3.0. Towelroot is also not a virus carrier.
Last edited by jocala; 22nd November 2014 at 07:21 PM.
22nd November 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #319  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
when i pull a zip file from sd ftv where do they go just seems to disappear
22nd November 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #320  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ocala

2,360 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshdapper

when i pull a zip file from sd ftv where do they go just seems to disappear

Open the preferences dialog, from the menu:

From Help: The Preferences Dialog

Pull Folder, default: User's home directory.
Choose the folder where pulled Kodi files and screenshot pngs are placed.

The Following User Says Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, android, firetv, xbmc
Previous Thread Next Thread