OP zac92

30th April 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 23

148 posts
yes
30th April 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 1

120 posts
Don't want to invalidate the warranty so can't root just now as it will trip knox. Six more months to go.

Shame that I have to stay on 4.3 for now and then I'll have to root if I want to upgrade to 4.4 and have full access to the sd card. Hope Google rethink this strategy. Security is all very well but not at the cost of having full access to my sd card.
Last edited by Barneyabz; 30th April 2014 at 08:57 PM.
30th April 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #43  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,243

8,805 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneyabz

Don't want to invalidate the warranty so can't root just now as it will trip knox. Six more months to go.

Shame that I have to stay on 4.3 for now and then I'll have to root if I want to upgrade to 4.4 and have full access to the sd card. Hope Google rethink this strategy. Security is all very well but not at the cost of having full access to my sd card.

Only Samsung can fix the sdcard issue, Google will never enable external sdcards support again
Last edited by gee2012; 30th April 2014 at 09:29 PM.
30th April 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 1

120 posts
Well I'll root once guarentee is up in a bit and since 4.3 works for me I might just stay on it in the meantime.

I'll also be keeping an eye on Ubuntu on phones in the meanwhile. Just moved to android to get away from Apples walled garden approach so very disappointed with Google restricting sd card access.

Have already cancelled plans for two more android devices. I was going to get an Android tablet but now looking at windows 8.1 and was trying to convince my wife to move from Windows Phone to android because of full sd card access but no point now. Who knows maybe Microsoft will see an opportunity here and open up windows phone a bit more - anything to give them a boost in sales I would think!
30th April 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 64

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneyabz

I don't think google will rethink their sd card "stragedy". Their nexus phones have never supported micro sd cards from the beginning.
3rd May 2014, 09:13 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 17

85 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm

I don't think google will rethink their sd card "stragedy". Their nexus phones have never supported micro sd cards from the beginning.

just to be correct, nexus one has an sd card slot but yes, its a prehistoric phone (the first nexus)
4th May 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #47  
Flag Bamberg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 450

2,493 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celderic

There is already an official kitkat thread. It is pointless making these threads for incremental updates.
Also it has the same changelog as ND3.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Can't agree more. This xda threads have gotten out of hand.

Forget the thanks button, i want a high five!! ✋
The Following User Says Thank You to jetbruceli For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd November 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 32

219 posts
Is this the full stock ROM, or it's just an update for 4.3 ?

Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread