Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[APP][INFO|SUPPORT] SSHelper (The free Android SSH Server Application)

OP E:V:A

17th November 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E:V:A

Are you actually having any issues? Please post what. I've used this on a KK 4.4.4 MTK device, using SuperSU 2.16, and there are no problems with this on that device.

In short, yes.

Currently on stack (unrooted) Lollipop on a Nexus 7 (2013), and while the ssh server works it can not allocate a pty, resulting in the shell not being all that usable.

While I expect that rooting will be a requirement to adjust things, I would rather avoid the option of completely disabiling selinux enforcement.
(Yes, it's a quick and easy way to solve the problem. But the selinux enforcement buys quite a lot in the way of security, so I'd rather limit things to say, a tweaked selinux policy.)
21st November 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Okay noob question .... My rooted Nexus 5, with sshelper installed, changed listening port to 3333, set a new password

Logon from Windows server with putty gives ...

login as: admin
SSHelper Version 6.8 Copyright 2014, P. Lutus
admin@192.168.2.205's password:
Server refused to allocate pty
sh: /data/data/com.arachnoid.sshelper/home/.profile[2]: uname: not found

What cretinous thing have I omitted to notice?

Regards Marcus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-21 17.31.03.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	3026813   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-21 17.32.01.png
Views:	42
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	3026814  
21st November 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 12

21 posts
I've been running your app for a few days with good results, thank you for that!

Would it be possible to implement a wifi lock only when there is a client connected? Wifi lock all the time is killing my battery and my standby wifi seems to be responsive enough to receive incoming connections (often after 2 or 3 attempts, but it still eventually works)
23rd November 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #14  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag -∇ϕ
Thanks Meter: 1,869

1,378 posts
First of all let me clarify that I am not the developer and maintainer of this App. It is Paul Lutus, and you can message him on his website. I only started this thread to help him out and to help myself of having a place to post problems. I really like his app, but THESE are really annoying issues, and has proably nothing to do with his app but with the screwed up way that Google is changing device permissions.

The only solution I know about for problem devices is something like I re-posted in edited post #8:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...72&postcount=8

Good Luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
selinux, server, sftpd, sshd, sshelper
Previous Thread Next Thread