No registration required

[MOD][S-OFF] SIM Unlock Your HTC ONE M8 GSM *NOT SPRINT*

OP JEANRIVERA

31st October 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #481  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 2

17 posts
More
Read the first post! This won't work on sprint devices.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
22nd November 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #482  
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
Sim Unlock
Hi All,
I have gone through all the posts on this thread. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any post with a HTC One M8 phone locked to Claro network, Puerto Rico. I have a HTC One M8 GSM version with 4G connectivity. I am currently running stock 4.4.2 with no modifications. I just have a couple of quick questions.

1) Will this method work for HTC One M8 locked to Claro network, Puerto Rico?

2) Is there a way to backup default config.dat file? (Just incase if things doesn't turnout in my favor)

3) Can I relock bootloader and unroot after flashing config.dat file? Will this again simlock my phone?

4) Does this method work the same way at the core level as manually entering code? I had same unlock codes from two different reputed sites but didn't work. So just wanted to make sure this method works in a different way.

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by hllby666; 22nd November 2014 at 04:37 PM.
22nd November 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #483  
OP Senior Member
Flag CAROLINA
Thanks Meter: 355

1,484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hllby666

Hi All,
I have gone through all the posts on this thread. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any post with a HTC One M8 phone locked to Claro network, Puerto Rico. I have a HTC One M8 GSM version with 4G connectivity. I am currently running stock 4.4.2 with no modifications. I just have a couple of quick questions.

1) Will this method work for HTC One M8 locked to Claro network, Puerto Rico?

2) Is there a way to backup default config.dat file? (Just incase if things doesn't turnout in my favor)

3) Can I relock bootloader and unroot after flashing config.dat file? Will this again simlock my phone?

4) Does this method work the same way at the core level as manually entering code? I had same unlock codes from two different reputed sites but didn't work. So just wanted to make sure this method works in a different way.

Thanks for your help.

There's no config.dat to backup it is not a file that exists on the phone and you can do a factory backup with the custom recovery once you unlock the boot loader put a custom recovery and make a backup before doing anything but this process won't hurt your phone if it doesn't work but remember you need to be S-Off to be able to do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to JEANRIVERA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:28 AM   |  #484  
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEANRIVERA

There's no config.dat to backup it is not a file that exists on the phone and you can do a factory backup with the custom recovery once you unlock the boot loader put a custom recovery and make a backup before doing anything but this process won't hurt your phone if it doesn't work but remember you need to be S-Off to be able to do this.

Thanks! I would greatly appreciate if you could please help me with my other questions? Most important is 4th one. Would it affect unlocking?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
Yesterday, 04:16 AM   |  #485  
OP Senior Member
Flag CAROLINA
Thanks Meter: 355

1,484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hllby666

Thanks! I would greatly appreciate if you could please help me with my other questions? Most important is 4th one. Would it affect unlocking?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

I do not understand your question.

No entiendo tu pregunta
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gsm, sim unlock, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread