T-Mobile Kit Kat is here! Updated with link to latest version D80120G

Search This thread

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
Is there any ota.zip available to upgrade to this E version? My rooted stock shows update available - but update never works as i am rooted. tried unroot but still no luck.
If i flash this kdz, will i loose all the app data?

PsychoKilla666

Jul 5, 2009
Is there any ota.zip available to upgrade to this E version? My rooted stock shows update available - but update never works as i am rooted. tried unroot but still no luck.
If i flash this kdz, will i loose all the app data?

I'm pretty sure you will lose everything

I am wondering if it's a safe and quick method for unrooting if you are OK with losing everything, for warranty purposes, etc

rebar71

Mar 26, 2012
Austin, TX
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
When I flashed this kdz, I did not lose data. However, I did have FC's all over the place because of the customizations I had made while previously rooted. So, I ended up wiping with a factory reset anyway.

You could try just rooting again right after flashing and see what happens. I did not try that before just wiping. Either way, you should back up your data first.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

sam298

Apr 19, 2007
Denver, CO
I flashed kdz using lg flash tool 2014. All my data is back. Rooted with towel root and installed twrp using autorec. Have to clear data and manually push latest playstore and play services. Did reinstall xposed and rebooted. Didn't reinstall modules though. Everything working fine so far. Ad away hosts have to be downloaded too. So spend some time fixing but better than recreating data. Haven't tried titanium or lgbackup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krchi

Dec 11, 2012
Does anyone have the knock code update files? I believe it was 300mb? Im trying to download the update on my computer so I can see if maybe I could get Knock Code on Lg Optimus L90 or can someone upload the new kdz the links are down.

Last edited:

avercros

Jan 4, 2012
Armenia
Anybody knows what modem comes with the 20E firmware?

Somebody can post a screenshot of the baseband name of the 20e?

Thanks!

bigox

Nov 27, 2010
Does anyone have a flashable zip for the latest kk 20E? I'd hate to reroot.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

horangeh

Jul 2, 2014
Currently towelroot can root D801 20E but NOT the D801 20G firmware. Towelroot says "the phone isn't currently supported".

Last edited:
Reactions: inpherknow

nalanotae

May 11, 2011
Eden,NC
Had the same problem towel root didn't work so i trouser stump root and ran off and had to use the brute force option ran for about 4 to 5 min and then autorec to install twrp.

Top Liked Posts