Ascend P7 is on the way...Thoughts and Opinions

Search This thread

drguild

Jul 4, 2012
I'm curious why theres soo many people with L10 that tried to update to EMUI 3.0 despite it being classed as a development version and not suitable for general use as it wasn't on OTA also these people decided to flash another models EMUI 3.0 rom like the L07 as there was no official L10 dev rom.

Given we should all know how hard our devices are to root, flash and the incompatibilities of roms between versions etc, a reason I haven't done anything yet and still on stock it should be common knowledge that if you update you may not be able to go back to the older rom or worse brick and render your device totally unusable.

I know some people are eager to try the latest, but I don't see the point in potentially risking your device just to do it especially if you don't know about roms, flashing and other things, which allot of those trying would be very new and unskilled in this area. If you have a device you can write off to learn or a open device like a nexus which is a lot safer (even then upgrades are usually non backwards compatible as fastboot and bootloaders even get updated) then yeah sure go ahead but one must remember that doing things like this is high risk for devices like ours and a problem could end up costing a new phone / device and one should be prepared for that scenario without getting upset.

I just find it strange soo many on this forum jumped in to a beta development version while crying because it wasn't available for their device and then flashing other models roms.

Also all the people trying to force xposed to run, as it seems they might feel that without it there phone is unusable and worthless to them, there is a good chance it won't work without a lot of work or modification to system files, especially with certain modules as you can see reading some of the posts in this forum.

While I agree with learning and tinkering overall, be safe and smart with roms, flashing, xposed etc don't risk your device unless you know what you are doing just to have the latest beta or development version, which these words mean that the rom has a few bugs mby a couple major ones also and isn't ready for mainstream public usage or those trying to use xposed just to have a transparent status bar etc which isn't worth the risk and modifications to the system for a few minor ui tweaks.

Also I mentioned earlier about kinda advert notifications here is Huawei pushing out one for their Cloud app reminding you to use their online storage. Pressing on the notification opens the cloud app.

As mentioned I don't have too much of an issue and happens occasionally not all the time, the update app for example has updated the inbuilt apps like file browser music player etc you can't do otherwise, and only once had a huawei vmall shop notification advert and a couple others for other preloaded apps you could remove so not really fussed just showing what is sent thats all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-20-00-16-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-20-00-16-09.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:

drguild

Jul 4, 2012
Emui 3.0 b608 has been pushed live on OTA for L00 in the last few hours.

Grabbing it down now will let you guys know how it goes.

So far seems ok ok testing I don't know about call quality etc as I hardly get calls.

Main thing to me is data reception which I mentioned earlier in the thread wasn't the best.

Seems they made it look like L with navigation etc despite it being 4.4.2 still.

Last edited:

moviehunter2009

Mar 13, 2010
Emui 3.0 b608 has been pushed live on OTA for L00 in the last few hours.

Grabbing it down now will let you guys know how it goes.

So far seems ok ok testing I don't know about call quality etc as I hardly get calls.

Main thing to me is data reception which I mentioned earlier in the thread wasn't the best.

Seems they made it look like L with navigation etc despite it being 4.4.2 still.

Also a way to root this rom will be nice :fingers-crossed:

jonas_sabimbi

Jun 8, 2013
175 Euros - Worth it face to Moto G ?

I am planning to buy this phone ... Vodafone is selling for 175 Euros + Points
In practice , is it better than Moto G ? Talking in daily use. Not specs
Thanks
there will be 5.0 on this phone ? Thanks again

Falcon1

Dec 20, 2011
If I were you....

Thanks

If I were you, think twice,please read it careful what a client said:

If Huawei does not provide to the international people up-to-date Software, they will lose many customers, I am the one who will choose Samsung, iphone or Sony smartphones for daily use, since these devices are being updated permanently and this is very important to fix bugs and to have the best apps in our devices. This is the first time I use a Huawei product and unfortunetly for huawei the last one. Ask Apple costumers one of the main reasons why they enjoy buying iphones or ipads, most of them will say: "because of the constant updates they receive in their devices via ota". This is also called good aftersells service.

Last edited:

jonas_sabimbi

Jun 8, 2013
If I were you, think twice,please read it careful what a client said:

If Huawei does not provide to the international people up-to-date Software, they will lose many customers, I am the one who will choose Samsung, iphone or Sony smartphones for daily use, since these devices are being updated permanently and this is very important to fix bugs and to have the best apps in our devices. This is the first time I use a Huawei product and unfortunetly for huawei the last one. Ask Apple costumers one of the main reasons why they enjoy buying iphones or ipads, most of them will say: "because of the constant updates they receive in their devices via ota". This is also called good aftersells service.

Exactly . But my question is : Even with not the best software , with that hardware , the phone should be ok in this range price , no ?
I fear bugs , amateur bugs , but is temptenting when you look at the paper and see FHD, 4G , MicroSD slot , 13 mpx , 2gb ram etc etc.
But then , again , i don't care about antutu's , and some kind of numbers. I want daily use experience and feedback from people that have one. Thanks

haki.gr

Dec 19, 2009
The REAL Macedonia in GREECE
Thanks

I sold my Moto G (2014) a few days ago to get the P7 at an attractive price (250 euro, sim-free). The P7 clearly has a better screen and camera. There is a difference in processing power but it's not very evident in everyday usage. Where there is a very noticeable difference is in free RAM where P7 always leaves at least 800 MB free while to Moto G easily dips below 200 MB.

It's a matter of priorities. The Moto G is dual-sim, its stereo front speakers are just heaven and it will be on Lollipop extremely soon. The P7 is way mote luxurious, a little more powerful in practice, it has a superb 8 MP front camera and it's a 4G phone, a feature that I use extensively here in Greece. I really have good things to say for both devices and it's all up to you which one you need more.

judoman09

Jun 28, 2009
This info was posted in a link some pages back:
Edition Region Provider Version SIM NFC
P7-L11 Australia Generic Single
It really does seem to be where you are as to which version is on sale. As you can see, not all versions are NFC enabled. The single sim phones have an SD only slot. The dual sim phones have a slot which can accept both sim and SD. I think the different versions relate to which LTE bands the phone can use. They are all the same on 2G & 3G. If you want 4G, you need to know which bands are in use in your area and select a phone to match. Otherwise it probably doesn't matter which model you choose unless you want dual sim. You may wish to contact Huawei for advice.

does anyone have the specs for the L11, which show what 4g frequencies it actually supports? thanks!

kolembo

Nov 2, 2012
Just bought a Note 4 and your gonna laugh.

I don't know how Huawei does it - I think it's the color temp esp at the coolest setting - the P7 display rocks. It's better than the note. At least it looks better.

The colors are better, the whites pop, the camera (particularly the selfie) is very good and the whole thing feels more premium.

And the P7 absolutely feels better in the hand. With the new emui 3.0 the interface is very attractive.

I find myself reaching first for the P7. Given the Note 4’s S-pen actually IS fabulous and it's faster on the internet.

But the P7 is incredible. I thought I was upgrading by going to the note. It's not as clear as that.... The P7 comes out almost on par.

Now I know for sure what my next phone is. The P8.

Sent from my SM-N910H using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: maxens63

Huawei User

Sep 18, 2015
NFC Support

I want with most possible feature of course. Im from Lithuania and we got these radio bands: 1G - 900, 2G- 1800, 3G 2100 , 4G-2600.
So dual sim + NFC enabled is my wish.

Hi Friend,

I too ordered from China and found it does not support NFC. My wish is to have both NFC and Dual Sim. Do you know which version support it?

MOntenegro74

Jul 25, 2014
I have tried to press volume - and power bottom for even more than 20 seconds, but my P7-L00 fail to enter fastboot mode, so i am not able to unlock the phone. has anyone else experienced/ tried this with the latest firmware? I had some apps disabled in the app manager, but i dont thing this has anything to do with fastboot mode. If i press volume + and power bottom, i can get in the recovery mode. is there a wE]

Plug in PC usb cable before rebooting into fastboot.

Otther words: turn off your phone .. hold vol - down and connect usb ..

MSprecher

Sep 30, 2010
Hannover
I would recommend to do a force update (vol+and vol- and power at the same time) with a stock firmware from dload-directory on internal root or from the root of a SD-Card to be sure you are on stock-recovery.
hat firmware version are you using now? If you are on B851 it may be you have to do the rollback to an EMUI 3.0 firmware and after that a rollback to the original EMUI 2.3 firmware.
I had mine unlocked on EMUI 2.3 B121. It is also necessary to have Hisuite installed on your PC for the connection.
Good luck!
BTW: P7-L00 has NO NFC where as the P7-L10 (Single SIM) has NFC! So do NOT mix Firmwares for the P7-L10 with firmwares for P7-L00. You will brick your phone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a p7-l10 version and i see set_immutable.list into system folder but i can't delete it, do u have any idea ?

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI P7-L10 con Tapatalk

Here are the instructions how i removed the file (these instructions come from the Huawei Honor 3X forum and all credits go to biobio76)

1) have your phone ROOTED

2) install BUSYBOX from PLAYSTORE

3) install terminal emulator from PLAYSTORE

4)open Terminal Emulator and type in the following commands:

su

mount -o rw,remount /system

cd system

lsattr

chattr -R -i *

rm –f /system/set_immutable.list

lsattr

After this set_immutable.list should be removed and you should have full access.

let me know if it works for you.
    Hello !

When I'll have some more free times , I'll try to make also TWRP for Ascend P7 .

Before to start , I'll let you to know what INFO I need from your device ...

I not guarantee that I'll succeed, but I promise I'll try in a few days :eek:
    Yes...

edit; okay, it's doesn't work via adb (???), but AdAway works now! Thank you!

Did you try Terminal Emulator?

this is working solution from am legend ...

su

mount -o rw,remount /system

cd system

lsattr

chattr -R -i *

rm –f /system/set_immutable.list

lsattr

(Enter after each line...it's LASTTR with an L not a capital i)
    How to root P7

Hi guys,

I am here in China for some work assignment and yesterday got one P7.
    Is the model L00. Indeed has the option to use 2 sim cards however the upper slot can take a micro SD card. Smart design from Huawei.
    Of course it came with the crippled Android for China usage.
    First thing I did was to ask my chinese friends to search on their BAIDU (chinese version for Google) and find if can be rooted. And it can. I did it myself on this beauty.
    Here is what you need.

1. Install HiSuite from Huawei web site. I can't post links yet (forum rules)..... With this soft comes all the drivers for the phone.
    2. Plug the USB cable in the phone and computer.
    3. Start HiSuite and check your phone since will ask for permission for computer to connect with it. Click Allow.
    4. HiSuite will take some time to install some other stuff and after a few minutes will be connected with your P7.
    5. Once you are sure HiSuite is connected correctly with P7....close it.
    6. Download the ROOT soft. See attached. Install. Everything in Chinese!
    7. Make sure your phone is still connected with your computer. Start the program. It will download an update and it will recognize you phone model. Click the big button on the bottom right corner. It will root your phone. You will find a vRoot icon on your phone - is a supersu type program. Not sure if is helpful so it's for you to decide.
    8. Done!

Now only if somebody can find how to unlock the bootloader and post the non-crippled Android system for P7
    Thanks!
    So i've tried this but it doesn't seem to be working.
    When copy and paste everything into the Terminal Emulator i get some errors (... can't be found or something, can't make a screenshot for some reason).
    I am of course rooted etc.

Do you tried to set set_immutable to 0 instead removed ?

Sure, I don't know if it will work , but you can try and let me to know .

How ?

Code:
    > adb shell
    $ su
    # exec /sbin/set_immutable 0
    # exit 
    $ exit

I don't know how it behavior in your device, but I already added this stuff in my P6 device , and I can see this :

Code:
    > adb shell
    $ su
    # exec /sbin/set_immutable 1
    /system/set_immutable.list: get flag 80080
    /system/set_immutable.list: get flag 80080
    /system/set_immutable.list: set flag 80090
    # exec /sbin/set_immutable 0
    /system/set_immutable.list: get flag 80090
    /system/set_immutable.list: get flag 80090
    /system/set_immutable.list: set flag 80080
    # exit
    $ exit

If in this way does not work, let me to know and I can remove set_immutable binary from boot.img .

hi can u do CWM i preffer that

Of Course I can do, but why you prefer older custom recovery , instead the new custom recovery TWRP ?

First is touch, more ergonomic and includes more options, because is newest I guess it's better than CWM .

I know there is a also CWM touch, but since was released TWRP - I work for and use only TWRP .

Because I think there are some developers willing to perform CWM to your device, I will let the opportunity to do so. I'm content with TWRP. :eek: