Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] HTC Desire 500 Dual Sim Unable to boot after CWM

OP aditya9128

1st November 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9128

Hi,
My device is HTC Desire 500 (5060) Dual sim purchased 7 days back.
Android Version - 4.2.1
Yesterday I successfully unlock bootloader.
After unlocking boot loader I copied and pasted CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip downloaded from 'http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/20/root-htc-desire-500-dual-sim-version/'
However I was not able to enter recovery and apply the above downloaded zip, as soon as i select the recovery, the phone was getting rebooted. Hence I tried "fastboot erase cache" ("http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1723670")
However this also did not help, so I had flashed 'CWMRecovery_D500_Philz.img' via adb (http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/20/ins...l-sim-version/)
After flashing above, I entered the recovery mode and installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip via install from sd card mode in recovery.
Post this, the phone was booted up and i was able to see SuperSU, checked with rootchecker and phone status was Rooted!
While opening SU, it was asking for updating binary and while clicking on 'Update', it was saying update failed and phone got rebooted.
This happened for 3 times, hence I decided not to update SU binary and I update the supersu directly from google play.
However even after updating the latest version of Supersu, it was still asking to update binary which I ignored as the phone was getting rebooted.
Main purpose of rooting the phone was to install Link2sd to move certain apps to sd card and removing unnecessary apps. I had uninstalled google play movies, play books and play music.
After that I restarted the phone. Post restarting I was not able to move any app to sd and it was asking that no root permission, while in supersu there was permission granted for link to sd.
I checked the root status and now it was showing your device is not rooted!!
Again I tried to update supersu and it was giving me message that update via CWM for HTD device, hence i clicked on ok and power down the phone. After powering down the phone I tried to enter recovery via volume - and power button same as i did previously, however it did not work.
Tried to power on the phone, it did not work. inserted wall charger and the orange light was blinking but phone did not come to life. removed battery for half n hour along with sd card and sim card but no luck. Charged the phone over night, but still the orange led is flashing (no vibrates). Today handed over the phone to my wife and she visited the service center, the guy said come after half n hour I will check, after half n hour he said that you have rooted your phone and it is not under warranty, you have to get the main board replaced which would cost me around 5500 INR ($84).
Now my wife said that when she had a look the phone was powered on and she said that the guy also showed her that phone is rooted cause he has found supersu app in the phone.
However as soon as he removed the phone from charger again it went dead. I have asked my wife to collect the phone.

Kindly help.

same problem is faced by me... plz hepl!
20th November 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #32  
vladarum's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hi,
I had a HTC Desire 500 dual sim and i unlock boot loader, flashed cwm v8 no oc, get rooted and after restarting, phone did not boot up.
Solution for me was too remove battery, get back after few seconds, and phone boot up.
Last week i tried too flash clean rom and after flashing the rom, phone get hard bricked.
Orange light was blinking and phone was vibrating after several min.
I send it too service and they replaced main board. Phone was in warranty and the replaced for free.
Just want too say be very careful and be very sure of what are you doing.
21st November 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #33  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 353
 
684 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladarum

Hi,
I had a HTC Desire 500 dual sim and i unlock boot loader, flashed cwm v8 no oc, get rooted and after restarting, phone did not boot up.
Solution for me was too remove battery, get back after few seconds, and phone boot up.
Last week i tried too flash clean rom and after flashing the rom, phone get hard bricked.
Orange light was blinking and phone was vibrating after several min.
I send it too service and they replaced main board. Phone was in warranty and the replaced for free.
Just want too say be very careful and be very sure of what are you doing.

What does hardbrick mean? Always ask first, never just send it in without asking. Flashing stock rom, certainly won't hardbrick your device, even if you do it wrong, unless you are s-off. Also, check my thread in general about the bootup problem, it seems to be fixed.
21st November 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #34  
vladarum's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dummie999

What does hardbrick mean? Always ask first, never just send it in without asking. Flashing stock rom, certainly won't hardbrick your device, even if you do it wrong, unless you are s-off. Also, check my thread in general about the bootup problem, it seems to be fixed.

Well its mean that i couldn't turn on my phone even in recovery, it was just dead. If i could enter in recovery then i try to flash stock rom and save my phone.
I just wanted to share my experience with phone and say what happened.
Cheers
22nd November 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #35  
ufonek's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dvůr Králové nad Labem
Thanks Meter: 170
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladarum

Well its mean that i couldn't turn on my phone even in recovery, it was just dead. If i could enter in recovery then i try to flash stock rom and save my phone.
I just wanted to share my experience with phone and say what happened.
Cheers

My phone vibrates seven times completely always. Just hold the power button until the htc logo shows.
22nd November 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #36  
vladarum's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufonek

My phone vibrates seven times completely always. Just hold the power button until the htc logo shows.

I tried every possible solution that I found, nothing works for me. [emoji19]
It's just dead, but now, my main board is replaced and I get my phone back. [emoji5]
23rd November 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #37  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
100% solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9128

Hi,
My device is HTC Desire 500 (5060) Dual sim purchased 7 days back.
Android Version - 4.2.1
Yesterday I successfully unlock bootloader.
After unlocking boot loader I copied and pasted CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip downloaded from 'http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/20/root-htc-desire-500-dual-sim-version/'
However I was not able to enter recovery and apply the above downloaded zip, as soon as i select the recovery, the phone was getting rebooted. Hence I tried "fastboot erase cache" ("http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1723670")
However this also did not help, so I had flashed 'CWMRecovery_D500_Philz.img' via adb (http://theunlockr.com/2013/12/20/ins...l-sim-version/)
After flashing above, I entered the recovery mode and installed CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip via install from sd card mode in recovery.
Post this, the phone was booted up and i was able to see SuperSU, checked with rootchecker and phone status was Rooted!
While opening SU, it was asking for updating binary and while clicking on 'Update', it was saying update failed and phone got rebooted.
This happened for 3 times, hence I decided not to update SU binary and I update the supersu directly from google play.
However even after updating the latest version of Supersu, it was still asking to update binary which I ignored as the phone was getting rebooted.
Main purpose of rooting the phone was to install Link2sd to move certain apps to sd card and removing unnecessary apps. I had uninstalled google play movies, play books and play music.
After that I restarted the phone. Post restarting I was not able to move any app to sd and it was asking that no root permission, while in supersu there was permission granted for link to sd.
I checked the root status and now it was showing your device is not rooted!!
Again I tried to update supersu and it was giving me message that update via CWM for HTD device, hence i clicked on ok and power down the phone. After powering down the phone I tried to enter recovery via volume - and power button same as i did previously, however it did not work.
Tried to power on the phone, it did not work. inserted wall charger and the orange light was blinking but phone did not come to life. removed battery for half n hour along with sd card and sim card but no luck. Charged the phone over night, but still the orange led is flashing (no vibrates). Today handed over the phone to my wife and she visited the service center, the guy said come after half n hour I will check, after half n hour he said that you have rooted your phone and it is not under warranty, you have to get the main board replaced which would cost me around 5500 INR ($84).
Now my wife said that when she had a look the phone was powered on and she said that the guy also showed her that phone is rooted cause he has found supersu app in the phone.
However as soon as he removed the phone from charger again it went dead. I have asked my wife to collect the phone.

Kindly help.

100% solution

I just got this problem
But I resolved
There are two ways.
1 jtag with box: RIFF box and fix it.
2 no box?
remove battrey from htc desire500 dual sim (Z4DUG)
please wait for 10h
insert battry and press power key
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
YOU must flash hboot.


sorry for poor english
onlinearhp@ymail.com
onlinearhp@gmail.com
Last edited by alireza1994; 23rd November 2014 at 09:48 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes