Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Soft Bricked Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 VRUFND7

OP jerimiahbaldwin

6th August 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadon0827

What did you do to cause it? Could you link me to instructions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorry I'm a stupid new user, but I need info like your phones model number, the files name you downloaded and your steps you did to brick your phone

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

Well, I have the Titanium grey Verizon Note 2 (SCH-I605) running KitKat 4.4.2 (was updated OTA and is obviously not rooted). I basically followed the guide on:
http://www.android.gs/root-install-c...k-application/

It showed success writing the PIT file and prompted to restart the device but thats where it got stuck. All i see now is the text I earlier mentioned.
6th August 2014, 11:05 AM   |  #12  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy26

Well, I have the Titanium grey Verizon Note 2 (SCH-I605) running KitKat 4.4.2 (was updated OTA and is obviously not rooted). I basically followed the guide on:
http://www.android.gs/root-install-c...k-application/

It showed success writing the PIT file and prompted to restart the device but thats where it got stuck. All i see now is the text I earlier mentioned.

UPDATE: Flashed stock rom. Now its back to as it was. Unrooted, bloated, no data connection but working otherwise.
@jadon0827 : thanks for your concern bro. I am sure this is not the last time I would be nagging you or others here
Last edited by Spy26; 6th August 2014 at 11:11 AM.
23rd November 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #13  

1 posts
Thumbs up root i605 build vrufnd7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmith2004

Yes i'd be most interested in Rooting my note 2 but have stock 4.4.2 and doesn't seem possible at the moment

yes. you can easily root i605 vrfund7 gn2 verizon by ghettoroot. try different version. i got success many times.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread