No registration required

Hisense Sero 7 Pro General Questions Thread

OP lichan

18th September 2014, 08:17 AM   |  #61  
Thanks Meter: 8

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy

I'm running an old Dopa build which is the only stable rom I found. I tried taktik etc and had some issues, like wifi not staying on, losing settings etc. But that was a few months ago.

I notice lag/hiccups which can sometimes be as much as 5-10s, e,g, when you have lots of apps open and go home, try to run something else etc.

Is going to f2fs fix this? I'm a little afraid to try since I've seen people mention how you need to convert all the partitions, install a new recovery, and it can brick the tablet. So I'd like to try the latest stable rom which can offer me a speed boost, any suggestions? And whether or not f2fs is recommended?

btw also want to thank everyone on XDA for their hard work keeping this little guy alive when everyone else has abandoned it. Its still a great little tablet.

the taktik builds were/are still very much beta, and have several issues.

the new builds (aosp, CM, omnirom) all run really smooth/fast running either ext4 or f2fs

if you want cm or omni check out post 3 (in the link below). aosp is post 4 (the carbon in post6 also looks cool, but ive not tried it yet)
my personal preference is omnirom, with aosp a close 2nd
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696065

**edit to add**
the wifi issues you mentioned (along with many other bugs/issues) have been fixed in all the current roms i mentioned above
Last edited by boonesmi; 18th September 2014 at 08:20 AM.
18th September 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #62  
Thanks Meter: 3

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy

also want to thank everyone on XDA for their hard work keeping this little guy alive when everyone else has abandoned it. Its still a great little tablet.

I agree! A couple of months ago I was in the market for a new tablet. I gathered up the specs that I wanted to see, and the Sero 7 pro met every one of them. Imagine my surprise to find it wasn't still in production! Luckily I got one of the NewEgg refurb units.

I really haven't found what is current that is better than the Sero 7 pro, so I really appreciate everyone who is trying to keep things current.
Last edited by stevenc88; 18th September 2014 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting
18th September 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #63  
Thanks Meter: 75

408 posts
I picked up another Sero 7 Pro last night (my 6th one for family members) . It was such a steal at $40 that I couldn't pass it up. The guy I bought it from was very honest and showed me that everything works except the data port. USB still charges, but he checked it out and found physical damage there.

Anyway, for the person using it, no biggie, but I am interest to know if there is any way to root this without it being hooked up to the computer.
18th September 2014, 03:30 PM   |  #64  
Flag Palm Bay
Thanks Meter: 314

649 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8108

I am interest to know if there is any way to root this without it being hooked up to the computer.

Assuming you're on stock, Hisense hasn't updated the tablet in months, so the kernel is most likely vulnerable to the exploit used in Towelroot.
18th September 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 75

408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294

Assuming you're on stock, Hisense hasn't updated the tablet in months, so the kernel is most likely vulnerable to the exploit used in Towelroot.

I was actually just reading about this. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens

**So, Towelroot does not root the tablet. In my reading, it seems that towelroot is for 4.4, and the tablet is 4.2.1

So, again, looking for a way to root the tablet without hooking it up to the computer.
Last edited by k8108; 19th September 2014 at 06:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to k8108 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #66  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Have any active devs looked at porting Lollipop?
14th November 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #67  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by natenkiki2004

Have any active devs looked at porting Lollipop?

+1
I'd love to know the likelyhood of this happening! If it's not coming, i guess i'll have to settle for kit-kat.
15th November 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #68  
Flag Chandler, AZ
Thanks Meter: 25

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie4747

+1
I'd love to know the likelyhood of this happening! If it's not coming, i guess i'll have to settle for kit-kat.

Delorespark is working on a L version for the Sero 7 pro, but he said it will be awhile before he releases it.

Originally Posted by dolorespark I'm working on a built-from-source-with-extras version of Lollipop now. It will be a while before it's ready to be shared.

Edit,
dolorespark posted an update about his work on L
I've got Android 5.0.0 up and running on my tablet. Sadly, there's a big problem: no sound.
Last edited by paratwa53; 16th November 2014 at 09:38 AM.
Yesterday, 05:32 PM   |  #69  
Thanks Meter: 46

199 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie4747

+1

I'm running this on original Sero7 Pro, no sound and sluggish but it works...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=603

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sero-7-pro
Previous Thread Next Thread