Thanks Meter: 1,502
By HardLight, Senior Member on 11th March 2014, 06:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2014, 10:54 AM |#11  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,489
Originally Posted by james.faction

Version for Odin?

Can't install Goo manager on this old phone because the stock ROM is too old. Froyo! And there is no newer software available!

I have never used Odin on an LG device. As I understand it's widely used by Samsung owners. But there are other methods that I am familiar with. If you are able to access fastboot mode on your rooted LG P500 device, you could extract the zip, and use AndroidFlashRecovery:
to flash recovery.img. Also there is a simple installation script that I use in terminal emulator:
Download and extract the zip into the root of your sdcard so that the path is /sdcard/rec. Copy desired recovery.img to the rec directory, overwriting the one that is already there. DO NOT RENAME RECOVERY.IMG. Install a terminal emulator from play.and start it. Type "su" (without quotes) and enter. Superuser prompt should appear. select allow. now type "sh /sdcard/rec/" (without quotes) and enter. Phone will reboot into your new recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ibub Ad-Free
25th July 2014, 10:10 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,502
TWRP 2.7 July25
New version compatible with latest jenkins builds is out.

• TLS support
  • Swap /system and /userdata
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardLight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HardLight Ad-Free
23rd November 2014, 11:54 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 57
Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/'
I'm getting "Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/'"
The file is a flashable file which allows to flash an old baseband.
As you can see I try to install it from /data/
It won't work in this way or with sideload.

If I remember correct it wen't pretty well on ClockworkMod when the zip was on sd-card.
But now I need TWRP since I don't have sd-card and CWM allows to flash only from sd-card...

Any suggestions?

Edit: never mind. I just found this:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

OLD UPDATE-BINARY (error executing updater binary in ZIP)
P500 is fairly old device, so it is quite possible that some ROMs use old update-binary in their ZIP files, which is not compatible with TWRP. This is not a bug, rather a design feature - TWRP simply does not use such old parts anymore.
You can fix the ZIP by yourself. Download correct update-binary and put it to folder META-INF/com/google/android/ in the ZIP file. You should see previous update-binary in there, just overwrite it.
The binary affects only the ZIP file, nothing else - it is used only to install the contents of the ZIP file.

Sorry for posting before doing a thorough research.

@HardLight, I really think you should edit the first post with this information.
The Following User Says Thank You to need4steer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift need4steer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread