21st March 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #11  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,368

1,526 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.faction

Version for Odin?

Can't install Goo manager on this old phone because the stock ROM is too old. Froyo! And there is no newer software available!

I have never used Odin on an LG device. As I understand it's widely used by Samsung owners. But there are other methods that I am familiar with. If you are able to access fastboot mode on your rooted LG P500 device, you could extract the zip, and use AndroidFlashRecovery:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1827723
to flash recovery.img. Also there is a simple installation script that I use in terminal emulator:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/7b...ah4fa0/rec.zip
Download and extract the zip into the root of your sdcard so that the path is /sdcard/rec. Copy desired recovery.img to the rec directory, overwriting the one that is already there. DO NOT RENAME RECOVERY.IMG. Install a terminal emulator from play.and start it. Type "su" (without quotes) and enter. Superuser prompt should appear. select allow. now type "sh /sdcard/rec/rec.sh" (without quotes) and enter. Phone will reboot into your new recovery.
Last edited by ibub; 21st March 2014 at 11:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th July 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 723

134 posts
More
TWRP 2.7 July25
New version compatible with latest jenkins builds is out.

Changelog:
  • TLS support
  • Swap /system and /userdata
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardLight For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 56

237 posts
More
Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/OldBBBFix_signed.zip'
I'm getting "Error executing updater binary in zip '/data/OldBBBFix_signed.zip'"
The OldBBBFix_signed.zip file is a flashable file which allows to flash an old baseband.
As you can see I try to install it from /data/
It won't work in this way or with sideload.

If I remember correct it wen't pretty well on ClockworkMod when the zip was on sd-card.
But now I need TWRP since I don't have sd-card and CWM allows to flash only from sd-card...

Any suggestions?

Edit: never mind. I just found this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

OLD UPDATE-BINARY (error executing updater binary in ZIP)
P500 is fairly old device, so it is quite possible that some ROMs use old update-binary in their ZIP files, which is not compatible with TWRP. This is not a bug, rather a design feature - TWRP simply does not use such old parts anymore.
You can fix the ZIP by yourself. Download correct update-binary and put it to folder META-INF/com/google/android/ in the ZIP file. You should see previous update-binary in there, just overwrite it.
The binary affects only the ZIP file, nothing else - it is used only to install the contents of the ZIP file.

Sorry for posting before doing a thorough research.

@HardLight, I really think you should edit the first post with this information.
Last edited by need4steer; 24th November 2014 at 01:24 AM. Reason: found the solution
The Following User Says Thank You to need4steer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread